thirteen

a/n: the author of death note said light could never love a woman :( lessss just ignore dat teehee

"You know... you're a lot quieter from when we first met." Light rested his head on his arm, looking up at you from the counter. "I am?" You questioned him without a hint of surprise in your voice.

That's right. You've done something to me Light Yagami.

He nodded as he looked away, you weren't sure what expression he had on his face. This new Light Yagami made you feel shy, a feeling you thought you could never feel. You were always a burst of energy, a person to stand up for their opinions even if the whole room was against them, and a person who could easily act to get your way. But why did Light Yagami make you feel like this? This is what... love is?

"You don't eat much do you?" He stretched his arm to rub your arm up and down, in a comforting way. "I'm okay, I had some ice cream in the cafeteria today." A week had passed since your date last Friday. The band-aid on your leg was starting to peel off and a scab had formed over the scratch, and Ann was constantly teasing you about Light's love for you.

"Only ice cream?" A wave of horror flashed onto Light's face, he rushed from his spot staring at you and onto the other side of the counter where all the kitchenware lived. "You need to properly eat something! How are you surviving like this? No wonder you've gotten so much thinner..." He hurriedly snatched the pans and threw them onto the stove and turned on the gas. He also grabbed one of your pink aprons and tied the strings around his waist, ignoring how silly he looked in it.

Light began to cook ever since he moved in and to your surprise, he wasn't a terrible cook. His food would definitely not be in a restaurant but it was the effort that counted. It was also the fact that it was Light Yagami cooking for you.

"Light... Aren't you popular amongst girls?" Your head was propped onto your hand which leaned against the counter. You stood, bent at the waist, and observed Light create a random meal. "Huh? Oh well, I guess I am." He was taken aback by your question as he turned to look at your facial expression which was dull and emotionless.

"Are you feeling uncertain of my feelings?" He gave you a pitiful smile as he went back to cooking. "I can tell you something that I'm 100% certain about, I'm deeply in love with you." He put down his spatula and bent over the counter to connect his eyes with yours. In response to this embarrassing act, you covered his face with your slender and smaller hand. 

"You're funny." You looked down in embarrassment as your face turned hot again. "What about you? Do you love me too?" 
"Isn't it too quick to call it 'love'?" You doubted him in your flustered state. You and Light had been dating for around three months now, but Light had been held captive inside L's little dungeon for around a month and a half.

"Well, don't we look like a couple? We even live together, a thing couples don't even do until their third year of being in a relationship." Light thought aloud, speaking his mind. 

What a meaningless conversation. This isn't the Light Yagami you once knew. He would never speak without meaning or a hidden intention laced under his charming words. 

You moved from the counter and sat on the floor where the small coffee table was placed. "Light... How do you feel about Kira?" You interrogated the innocent and pure boy.

"Kira? Well, for one, his actions might be justified but mass murder can't be forgiven..." He answered mindlessly, with his mind focussed on creating a delicious meal.

You nodded in agreement but- sigh, you really shouldn't be so stuck on the differentiating personalities of Light. He is still Light Yagami. Okay, time to stop being sulky and be the woman you once were!

"Okay!" You fist-bumped the air and jumped in your seat with a determination firing in your eyes. "What are you celebrating about?" Light questioned, probably thinking you were crazy. He held two plates of customised omurice in his hands, placing them onto the coffee table.

Your omurice has a smiley face with a nose written in tomato sauce, whereas Light's omurice was a mess

Your omurice has a smiley face with a nose written in tomato sauce, whereas Light's omurice was a mess. The omelette was ripped and torn up, the rice was messy and falling apart. You could tell he had put all his effort into your plate. 

"Cheer up (Y/N)." He gave you a warm and loving smile with his finger touching your cheek. "What are you talking about? I'm cheered and up!" You giggled with a big smile before digging into the meal.

"Mmm, it's good!" You went in for another bite which gave Light a chuckle. It tasted sweet but savoury, the rice melted in your mouth and the egg gave a tasty texture. "Light, maybe you should become a chef instead of a detective!" 

"Don't be silly, I'm flattered." He gave you a flustered smile as he chewed on his food.