Chapter 3 - H.B.I.C.

Toni
"WHAT THE FUCK YOU MEAN YOU LOST THE INVESTOR?!"

"Mrs. Braxton, she simply didn't want to invest." I was talking to my chief of finance.

"Funny how she suddenly didn't want to invest after one meeting with you! You were to take her to dinner and give her the papers to sign. That's it! How could you mess up that simple task?!"

"She changed her mind."

"I'm going to call her then and ask her why her kind suddenly changed in less than six hours. Get out!" He scattered out of the office. I sat down at my desk and rubbed my temple. This man was really testing my patience. He was already skating on thin ice, now we are losing investors because of him. Jesus Christ.
I looked up the lady's number and took a deep breath before calling.

"Hola."

"Hello, Mrs. Ramirez. This is Toni Braxton. CEO of FMLY First."

"Oh yes. How are you?"

"I'm well, but I am concerned that you didn't go through with the investment seeing as how our meeting yesterday went so well."

"Well, dear new information should that your company is not one that I want to associate myself with."

"May I ask why?"

"It's very risky to have my name tied to a company that would allow such behavior as what I witnessed last night, dear. I can't allow that."

"What behavior are you referring to?"

"It was very inappropriate. The comments towards others. The constant drinking. The comments towards me and let me just say, telling me that I am sexually desirable for an older lady is not a compliment. I also don't appreciate being groped."

"Groped? Oh no, I can't have that. Was this Mr. Jones by any chance?"

"Yes, he made me very uncomfortable." My blood boiled and my decision was instantly made.

"Mrs. Ramirez, would you invest in the company if Mr. Jones was no longer a factor?"

"Definitely, my darling."

"Then consider him gone. He was already on thin ice anyway."

"Thin ice?"

"It means that he was on his last chance."

"How interesting. I shall use that from now on. Anyway, let me know when he is gone and I will be more than happy to invest in your company."

"I'll get back to you as soon as the matter is resolved."

"Gracias."

"De nada."

"Oh, ¿hablas español? (You speak Spanish?)"

"Sí."

"¿Dónde aprendiste?(Where did you learn?)"

"Mi esposa habla muchos idiomas y aprendí para que podamos enseñar a nuestros hijos. (My wife is a speaker of many languages and I learned so we can teach our children.)"

"Muy amable. (Very good)"

"Gracias."

"De nada."

"I'll contact you soon."

"I look forward to it. Bye."

"Good bye." I hung up and took a deep breath. Getting up, I went to my assistant's desk. I prefer to speak face to face with those I work with. "Jessie, I need...well hello." I looked and saw Janet standing there. I went around and kissed her.