Chapter 16 - Scheme

Toni
I stepped out of my car and handed my keys to the valet. "You know the rules of my new cars." He nodded.

"Yes, ma'am."

"Good." I walked away as he took my car to the parking garage. Janet has been in such a good mood lately that she's been shopping up a storm. She surprised me with a customized Mercedes yesterday. It had custom leather and was wrapped with my favorite shade of black with blue undertones. Plus I got some fire head this morning, so I'm in an amazing mood.

"Good morning, Ms. Braxton." The door greeter said.

"Good morning." I made my way to the elevator. The attendant pressed the button to my office.

"15th floor."

"Thank you." We rode in silence and when the doors opened, I was greeted by my assistants.

"Good morning, Ms. Braxton."

"Good morning ladies. What's on the schedule for today?" They followed behind me as I walked to my office.

"You have a meeting with marketing at ten, followed by a meeting with the board at eleven, then you have lunch and another meeting at two with the stockholders." The first assistant said.

"And do I have any appointments today?"

"Yes, ma'am. You have two; one at three and another at three-thirty. However, you do have a surprise visit right now." I turned around.

"Surprise visit. Who is it?"

"She wouldn't say but she did say that you'd know her once you saw her." I sighed.

"Fine. She gets fifteen minutes. Send her in." I went into my office and sat down at my desk. I logged onto my computer and waited for the visitor.

"Hello, Toni." I rolled my eyes.

"What do you want? Why are you at my place of business?" I looked at her as she sat down.

"Are you not happy to see me?"

"No. I thought that was clear at the gas station."

"Come on, Toni. No, time for an old friend?"

"Fine. What is it?"

"Your son wants to see you."

"All of my sons are at school or with my wife."

"What about my child?"

"What about him?"

"Don't you think you should spend time with him?"

"Why would I spend time with Will's son?"

"Toni, you know that's your child."

"Jada, we dealt with this five years ago. The baby is Will's not mine."

"It's not Will's so the only other option is that it's yours." I hid the shock from my face.

"What do you mean?"

"Will secretly got a DNA test on our son and found out it wasn't his. He asked who his father was and I said you. So how do you want to work this?"

"Jada, that baby isn't mine. I have four wonderful boys and an amazing wife. I will not let you come in here and ruin anything with a little scheme." She scoffed.

"So you married that professor and had more kids with her. Wow."

"Yes, I did."

"What is she like fifty?"

"Nope. A sexy thirty-seven while you're a decrepit twenty-six. Now, please leave."

"I'm not leaving until you agree to take care of your son."