Chapter 38 - Grand Entrance

Janet
"Toni, I swear to god if you don't stop chewing so loud, I will throw something at you." I looked at her as she paused chewing. "Thank you."

"I can't wait for my princesses. Maybe then you'll be nicer to me."

"Shut up." I moved around in bed trying to get comfortable. It's been almost a month of me being in this hospital and I can't take it anymore. I'm ready for these babies to get out of me and to go home. "Toni! I swear I will hurt you!" She sat her fork down and came over to me.

"Cut the shit out. I mean it."

"The fuck you gone do?" She stared at me. "Exactly, get the hell out of my face." I grabbed the remote and flipped through the channels.

"I'm kind of happy you don't want to have anymore babies right now, because I don't think my self esteem could take this anymore."

"Oh, suck it up." I took a deep breath and looked at her. "I'm sorry, baby. Come here." She came back and I pulled her down to me. I pecked her lips a few times.
"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be hurtful to you and your feelings."

"It's okay. I know you're uncomfortable." She rubbed my stomach.

"I'm just ready for them to come. They should've been out by now."

"Here, I'll go ask the nurse what's going on."

"Okay." She left the room. I tried again to get comfortable when I felt a pain shoot through my body.
"Oh. Ow." I held my stomach. The pain subsided and I laid back straight. Toni walked back in.

"So the nurse said that Missy is going to be in to check on you soon and she'll give you a...."

"Ssss...oh." I held my stomach.

"What is it?"

"Just some pains."

"Contractions?"

"I think so." The pain went away. "We'll wait and see though."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah." Toni sat down and we watched tv. Hopefully these are contractions, because I'm sick of being pregnant.

~

Toni
Janet groaned as another contraction hit her. "Ohhhhhh." I rubbed her back.

"Breathe, baby. Breathe."

"Get off of me." I moved my hand. After three times, I've learned to just do what she says. Her pain went away and she laid back down. "This has gone on for hours. Toni, I'm tired."

"I know, sweetie. But you aren't dilated enough."

"Have her come check me again. Now!" I jumped up and went to the nurses station.

"Hi, where's....."

"She's on her way back to check your wife now." The nurse laughed.

"I do apologize."

"No worries. This is the labor and delivery floor. We're used to the demands of the moms. Plus we love your wife, she always says the funniest things." We laughed.

"Thank you." I went back into the room and saw Janet having another contraction.

"Oh my fucking god. Get these babies out of me." She groaned. Suddenly, a bunch of water started falling onto the floor.

"Ah hell." I rushed back to the nurses station. "Umm, her water just broke." They quickly got up and ran to her room while another nurse paged Missy. I followed behind them into the room. Janet's contractions were more intense to the point that she was almost screaming.