Chapter 35 - Curiosity

Toni
"Toni!" I took a deep breath. "Toni!" I gripped the butter knife and cut the sandwich in half. Picking up the plate and juice, I headed up the stairs. "Ton...."

"What?!" I walked into the bedroom.

"Can you get my record deal and music files from my office?" I closed my eyes and took another deep breath.

"Why?"

"I've decided to work on another music project and I want to start on it." I sat the plate and juice on the tv table next to the bed.

"Janet, I thought we agreed that you wouldn't overwork."

"I know, and we did, but I'm really excited about this."

"Janet, all this work you're doing is not good."

"Toni, I promise I'm not overworking myself. Can you please get the files for me?"

"Sure."

"Thank you." She picked up the sandwich and began eating it. I went back downstairs and into her office. I usually don't go in here unless she's in her because she's so fucking particular about things. Everything was extremely organized, even random things.

Going behind her desk, I looked through her desk drawers. I found a few files that were meant for music and took them out. I closed everything and went back upstairs. Janet had finished her sandwich and juice. "Here you go, baby." I handed her the files.

"Thank you." I watched her try to rearrange herself on the bed.

"Here. Hold on." I gently lifted her and helped her move against the headboard.

"Whooo, that's better. Thank you, baby."

"You're welcome." I pecked her lips. "So what's this new project?"

"It's an album."

"Didn't you just do one? You know, the one with the...."

"Yes, I know the one." We laughed. "But this one won't come out for a couple years."

"Why?"

"Gives the babies a chance to get bigger. They'll be two by the time this comes out."

"Wow."

"But why would they need to be bigger? You released the last album while still breastfeeding Jordan."

"This one's just different."

"Care to share why?"

"Not yet."

"Okay." Janet sat back and placed her hand on her belly.

"Oh my god. I can't wait for these babies to come."

"How much longer do you think you have?" I rubbed her belly."

"Two more months."

"September? Baby do you think you'll make it?"

"I don't know. Missy said they aren't big enough yet. Even for twins."

"Well they need to come and grow, because I don't like the strain that putting on my wife." She laughed.

"I thought these were your sidekicks."

"They are, but you're my wife."

"Well, your wife wants to nap."

"I thought you were going to do some work."

"I was, but I just hit a wall and I'm tired."

"Okay." She laid down and I covered her up.

"Can you lay with me until I fall asleep?"