⚛︎ 𝚂𝚒𝚡𝚝𝚑 𝚂𝚎𝚗𝚜𝚎 ⚛︎

ANN: this is a snippet of a potential book I came up with out of nowhere, so beware of jump cuts.

:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

Unlocking the door, the young woman pulled the key out of its designated hole and placed it on the glass table—creating a clanking sound.

Walking further down the narrow halls, the brown paper bags she held made a shuffling noise as they slapped the sides of her legs.

She squinted her eyes in confusion at the dark atmosphere surrounding her. Usually, some light will come from inside the home—whether from the tv, kitchen, or dining room.

"Rae!" She yelled once she turned the corner and entered the living room.

Getting no response, the individual turned on the lights to get a better view of the room and examined the furnished area to notice empty food wrappers and napkins scattered across the coffee table in front of the couch and a wrinkled blanket placed on its cushions.

"What the hell..?" She mumbled at the site, furrowing her brows.

The pungent smell of a burnt substance quickly invaded her nostrils, making her scrunch her face in disgust and look over her shoulder toward the kitchen.

"I know this girl didn't," she uttered, noticing where the smell was coming from.

Her furry boots caused her to slide as she raced over—gripping the island's edge to keep from falling.

She swiftly grabbed a mitt in a drawer and bent in front of the oven, pulling on its white handle.

Desperate coughs and hackle noises could be heard in the silent room as black smoke rushed out—escaping the enclosed space they were once trapped inside.

After swiping the smoke away and clearing her throat, she reached for the silver circular tray. Feelings of disappointment washed over her immediately once she saw the round black object sitting on top, reminding her of charcoal.

"This bitch 'den burnt the pizza."

She shook her head as she rose and set the inedible item on the stove. Her next steps were to figure out where her sister was so she could cuss her out for potentially setting her place on fire.

"Rae," she called out again, but in a louder octave.

Silence, once again, caused the woman to get worried. Usually, after a couple of shouts, her younger sibling would come running down the stairs, hearing the urgency.

:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

"You lucky I bought back Chinese, 'cause I'll be damned if I had to chew on that triangle rock you call pizza downstairs," The woman said jokingly but was sincere in her statement as she threw her plastic cup in the trash next to the door.

"Yeah," Rae chuckled between her laughs, "Sorry 'bout that, Liyah."

"It's cool. You just better be like Cinderella and clean my oven before tomorrow night."