⇅𝚆𝚑𝚘 𝙽𝚎𝚎𝚍 𝚆𝚑𝚘? ⇅

Chapter 18: I/U Need Us

'𝟿𝟻

▍As Dalvin stretched across the couch, sound asleep with a SnakeKilla-designed blanket covering his body, child-sounding cheers and swooshing noises were heard faintly from the living room.

Soon, DeVantè ran from inside the kitchen to enter the lounging area. Darian gripped tightly in his embrace as the little body laid stomach first on his shoulder—arms spread wide.

"Looks like we experiencin' a lil turbulence," the adult amusingly announced. "Hold on." The swooshing noises resumed.

Loud giggles came from the boy as he spun around the room, circling the couch, rocking side to side, and dangled briefly towards the hardwood floor before getting whisked back up in the air.

They stopped—now facing the armrest of the couch occupying the sleeping individual. The brief break allowed the two to catch their breaths.

"Now preparing for a safe landing," he declared in a failed flight attendant voice. "And just so you know, ain't nun safe about it."

Without warning, Darian was flipped over and dropped onto the stiff body. Surprisingly, after the rough impact, it didn't budge.

A kiddish laugh sounded, getting rid of the brief silence.

"Thank you for riding Bossplaya Airlines."

"Yay!" Darian clapped and sat up to properly sit on Dalvin's stomach. The action caused the sleeping adult to shift slightly in his position.

"Ain't no yay," DeVante shook his head. Soon, his hand lifted, showing his palm. "Where's my cash lil nigga?" A brow arched.

An o shape formed on the child's mouth until his hand slapped the man's palm, causing it to close.

"Preciate you," He put the imaginary funds in his back pocket and walked over to be in front of the boy. "Hope you enjoyed yo flight, cause it ain't no refunds."

"I did!" Darian exclaimed, unbeknownst to the unfair regulations. "Again." He eagerly held his arms out to the person standing.

"Damn," DeVante made a cringing expression and glanced down at his silver Rolex. "I can't. Yo mom should be pullin' up any minute to pick you up."

A pout and glance down in defeat caused him to exhale and rub the boy's curls. "My fault, playa."

"I don't wanna go!" Darian quickly picked his head up to face his father. "I wanna stay here with you. Can I? Please."