⇅𝙱𝚂𝙱⇅

Chapter 23: Baby Shower Blues

Long chapter alert! Put your reading glasses and thinking caps on! Also, sit back, relax, and grab your snacks.

'𝟿𝟻

▍After reaching the top of the stairs, Venus stomped onto the Tigerwood solid floor and tiredly huffed—hand still on the recently tightened railing. The gained weight in her stomach made it feel like a gigantic watermelon was inside.

Once she caught her breath and gathered the energy to keep going, she shuffled towards the double glass doors—currently shielded with green construction paper, and opened one.

Her legs sauntered, entering the loft. Based on the thoughtful, 'out of this world' themed decor, it seemed like she stepped inside outer space. She maneuvered through different galaxies, entered diverse universes, and visited unique planets until coming across a familiar species.

While blowing an excessive amount of air into the Star balloon, Crystal's eyes lit up, seeing Venus approach her. After the balloon extended to its maximum ability, she hurriedly pulled it away from her lips and began tying the end to avoid air escaping—resulting in inflated rubber.

"Hey, Venus." She stressfully panted, concealing her frustration with a smile.

"Hi, CiCi!"

"What do you think?"

With a wide, tightlipped grin, Venus surveyed the intergalactic scene once again—viewing the black-clothed round tables with sparkles, a single balloon representing a different planet held down by a gold metallic weight, black, green, and purple confetti scattered all over the room on top of the marble tile, and streamers in matching colors.

"It's so pretty," she softly complimented. Doe eyes fluttered. "Like the last time I saw it." A sheepish expression rose.

Crystal sighed. "So, in other words, it's nice, but it was also nice twenty balloons and fifty streamers ago." She annoyedly shook her head.

Venus gradually nodded after the reiteration, making the woman roll her eyes.

"Well, blame the host," a scoff aired. "She's been having us attach streamers and blow up balloons nonstop since you left to fill up the room that's apparently 'too big.'" 

Crystal handed the balloon upwards to the woman on the ladder, creating the Star and moon balloon arch. It'll be utilized as a picture-taking booth since a space backdrop got taped to the wall behind it.