⇅𝘕𝘦𝘸 𝘏𝘰𝘶𝘴𝘦, 𝘕𝘦𝘸 𝘏𝘰𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘔𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘴? ⇅

Chapter 10: New House, New Beginnings, New Housemates?

Mountain View, 𝐂𝐀
Lambard House Estates

'𝟫𝟧

▍"And watch where you're going with my TV. Are you sure you don't need someone else to carry it?"

Dalvin rolled his eyes. "No, I don't, Xia. I'm a whole grown man. I can handle it."

The male made it up one step behind, tripping over his feet. He caught himself before falling over, except for the newly bought electronic.

Xianna stared at him with an unreadable expression as he sheepishly looked side to side, avoiding eye contact.

Darian walked up to him and shook his head disappointedly. "Guess you couldn't handle it, playa."

"Dalvin! That was expensive—you know what." She digs in her purse to fetch a set of keys. "Go back the truck in reverse up the driveway so we can get the rest of the stuff in easily. Can you do that?"

Dalvin happily took the keys. "Of course I can. Come on, Darian!"

As the two walked off, Xianna turned her attention toward the two-story home before her and sighed. After a few weeks of house hunting, her DeVanté closed a deal. At first, it seemed like a new chapter to develop their relationship, but now she feels the sudden switch from an apartment to a house was for a different reason.

K-Ci made hefty breathing noises and abruptly dropped the box on the doorstep, not even making it inside.

"I'm tired, boss!" He hollered in defeat, looking up to the blue skies. He then leaned on the brick wall while wiping his sweaty forehead. "This shit heavy as hell. I ain't even gettin' paid to do this kind of labor!"

"Nigga, you ain't even go anywhere! JoJo came up and handed you the box just now." Shontae revealed, taking a loud sip from her Big Gulp Coke. "I'm sure it's not that heavy."

"Well, you carry it then, Ms. Mouth. Feel like you picking up a linebacker."

She handed the male her drink to bend down and grab the square object. "You better be quiet before I switch out your pills and bring Ms. Cedric back. She would've been more help anyways."

K-Ci watched with a smirk until she quickly rose back up with the box and entered the spacious home. It was light as a feather.