⇅𝘌𝘷𝘪𝘭 𝘛𝘸𝘪𝘯 𝙿𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝟸 ⇅

Grab ya snacks

Grab ya snacks. This boutta be a LONG ass chapter because I refuse to make a third part . . . enjoy !

Chapter 7: The Mental Switcharoo Part 2

Cedar Cine Mental Hospital
Thousand Oaks, California

'𝟫𝟧

DeVanté slammed his head for the twentieth time on the padded walls from frustration. He sat on the ground wearing a straitjacket in the corner of the room by himself.

Due to his fierce dispute with the male nurses—resulting in one of their fingers getting bitten off, he had to be restrained and locked away in isolation upon arrival at the mental hospital.

Despite the male being there for an hour—being able to put the pieces together, he was still in disbelief. Not only did his cousin lie about his purpose for showing up at his doorstep, but also his whereabouts for the past few years.

The fact that D'Angelo had been in an asylum all this time and decided to break free to set DeVanté up to take his place because they looked exactly alike was mind-blowing to him. It was also hurtful. He regretted welcoming the individual inside his home and giving him a warm welcome.

A mean ass whooping was waiting for D'Angelo from DeVanté once he figured out a way out here.

As DeVanté was deep in his thoughts on how to escape, a brief click from the door heard by him as a buff shadow figure could be seen inching further inside the room.

"D'Angelo. I'm surprised you're still up. You usually sleep around this time whenever you're put in confinement."

DeVanté looked up to see the source of the unfamiliar raspy voice to see that it was another nurse. He held a silver tray that had a glass of water and a granola bar sitting on top.

"Well, I can't sleep with this heavy-ass jacket on and these mushy-ass floors."

The worker laughed at the patient's slick remark before walking to the wooden desk to set the tray down.

"And for the last time, my name is not D'Angelo. How many times do I have to tell you deaf ass niggas?"

"It's DeVanté." He corrected in a snarky tone, shifting his position. "That crazy mothafucka set me up'."

A harsh chuckle came from the middle-aged man. "I guess they haven't given you your medicine yet. It's ok. I'll give it to you in a sec."