⇅𝙰 𝙲𝚛𝚊𝚣𝚢 𝙵𝚊𝚕𝚕 ⇅

Chapter 19: Apple Cider & Arguments

'𝟿𝟻

▍Xia willingly nodded to the rejection and flipped the page to her stacks of papers clipped together by a staple

▍Xia willingly nodded to the rejection and flipped the page to her stacks of papers clipped together by a staple. "How about Disney?"

Venus hummed while having an unsure expression.

"We can do Mickey. You like Minnie Mouse, right?" She paused to allow the woman to agree silently. "And since you're having a girl, it'll be perfect. We could have pink and white streamers' polka dot plates, and the helpers could dress up according to the theme. We'll have plain white tablecloths and chargers, though," the suggestion confidently spoke as the imagination became alive.

"We shouldn't have everything match. That'll look tacky." Xia halted to peer up at the hesitant figure across from her. "So, what do you think?"

"Eh, I don't know XiXi," Venus shifted in the dining chair. "I don't want it to be Minnie just because I like Minnie. Suppose the baby doesn't like her?"

"Venus, the baby isn't even out of the womb, let alone old enough to decipher what she likes and dislikes yet."

She shrugged, agreeing to the statement, but still carried apprehension.

Xia noticed this and decided to move on with a sigh. "Ok, how about Winnie the Pooh? He's adorable. We can have big stuffed bears everywhere, and have cookies as a dessert option resembling the different animals. You like cookies, desserts, and animals, right?"

The stressed woman released a sigh once again after receiving the same sheepish rejection.

"Let's move on to something else," she annoyedly flipped through the pages. "What's your favorite candy?"

As Venus opened her mouth to answer, a nasal voice interfered. "Milky ways."

The two turned around to see DeVante enter the kitchen and head straight for the refrigerator.