⇅'𝙽𝚎𝚜𝚒𝚊 𝚁𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚊𝚕 ⇅

Chapter 17: Trials Of Remembering

LONG CHAPTER ALERT

'𝟿𝟻

▍The three men were out in the backyard of their home setting up decorations—requested by the host. They'd been outside for about three hours, as they began at ten AM, and it was now one.

Today was the big day—Dalvin and Venus's gender reveal. The whole event had been planned by Xia, getting recommendations from the parents to be—more so Dalvin, and assistance from the rest of the group to make sure things went smoothly. It's a small gathering. The only guests would be the four couples and a few friends they've met in the big State.

K-Ci attempted his last go-round on sticking the white party umbrella pole inside the ground and opening it, as he'd been struggling for the past ten minutes. He'd ask for help multiple times but only received blank stares.

"Finally!" He exhaled, wiping his forehead. "Damn."

Now that the single leg was secured—embedded in the dirt, it was time to open it—revealing the lovely ruffle shade.

K-Ci lifted the handle, and the umbrella sprouted, covering the beaming sun. A wide smile cast as his body began to cool down. Unfortunately, the happy moment vanished as the object abruptly closed, and he got trapped inside the canopy.

He hollered and moved around frantically, causing the pole to rise from its holding place and chaotically swing around. The enclosed space he was in limited his breathing.

Desperate pleas for help ranged in the yard area, but all the two witnesses to the mishap could do was look at one another and laugh. They went into a hysterical fit—teary-eyed and all, once the male tripped over a large brown teddy bear and fell onto the grass.

After wiping their eyes, they noticed the umbrella lying flat, with K-Ci sitting beside it with an angered expression.

DeVante chuckled while unfolding the sign detailing the occasion and adjusting its placement. "What you lookin' at us like that for?"

"Why ain't y'all niggas help me when I was struggling for my life inside that thing?"

On the step stool, JoJo gave his brother a duh expression and pointed attention to the grey ball-shaped lantern in his hands and the five he hung up previously. "Don't you see I'm busy?"

"Not busy enough if you were standing over there snickering and shit with your undiagnosed asthmatic partna' like this Def comedy jam." K-Ci shook his head and got up, dusting off his clothes. "I'm takin' a break. I'm tired."