⇅𝘔𝘴. 𝘊𝘦𝘥𝘳𝘪𝘤 ⇅

Chapter 9: Estro-dric Hailey

𝐃𝐞𝐥 𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐚 𝐀𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐱
𝐋𝐨𝐬 𝐀𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐬, 𝐂𝐀

'𝟫𝟧

  ▍ "Bitch run...why is you just standing there...no, not that way, the other—" Shontae's advice was cut short by the curdling screams from the television, causing her to sigh.

Since this was her off day from work at the salon, she figured she'd spend her free time watching old horror movies—making comments on the character's decision during the film's duration.

"White people in scary movies are so damn dumb, yet they always make the black characters die first. Chile, this some grimy ass shit!"

As she reached for her Almond Joy bar, shouting of her name could be heard in the back room, leading up to where she was located.

"Shontae! I know you hear me calling you girl."

The woman of interest sighed dramatically and looked over in annoyance to see her boyfriend standing with a stressed expression. He was holding up two different colored shirts in each of his hands.

"What? Don't you see I'm busy?"

K-Ci sucked his teeth and turned to view one of the main characters getting killed by the masked serial killer. He stomped towards the television and pressed the power button underneath it to turn it off.

"Not anymore."

Shontae rose from her comfortable position after his actions and narrowed her eyes. "Boy, I know you didn't just—"

"I sure did! Now pay attention to me. This is a very serious matter!"

She crossed her arms and agreed to engage in conversation. "Somebody better be dying."

K-Ci ignored her comment and lifted his arms to show off the clothing items. "Which one? Red or blue?"

"I know you didn't turn off my TV just to ask me what shirt to wear," Shontae rhetorically asked.

"Yes, I did. Now pick!" He demanded, stomping his feet in frustration. She was starting to get on his nerves.

"I don't know," she paused to briefly look between the two options to announce in a careless tone, "blue."