Chapter 35

"Good morning my lady".

Shely smiled.

"Did you stay up all night working?".

"Hm? Ah yes".

Shely open the curtains and fix Medea's bed when she stood up.

"Is there any letter of Heli?".

"Ah yes I put it on the table so you should take a bath first while I will prepare for your clothes".

"Is Heli waiting for me?".

Medea questioned.

"Ah yes my lady I told him to wait at the gazibo, but he just arrived so no need to worry if he waited late".

"Please prelare some light clothes

"Lady Mede, sorry to ask for a meeting in such a hurry".

Helio stated. They are currently in the garden with the sun high in the sky and the workers give Medea and Helio some privacy.

"It must be very urgent for you to command in the letter to meet me so I get it".

Medea sit down on the opposite side of the table facing Helio.

"Refreshments will be served later, so what is it you wanna talk about?".

She questioned Helio and cross her arms.

"I'll say this straight away, the unknown girl is working for the church".

Helio speak in a very urgent and angry tone. He slam his hand on the table looking furious as he is disgusted by the way the church acts.

"The church must have really hate me since it looks like they are looking for someone to act as my maid and be close to me".

Medea spoke in an unbothered tone and keep her poker face on.

"Why aren't you surprise?".

Helio raise one of his eyebrow seeing the way Medea reacted.

"Because I know the church people already hated me especially the Pope, he has always been on Psyche's side starting the day she participated on becaming the crown princess".

"She had the position even when I won. The Pope favor people who are very gentle, soft, kind and caring like Psyche while I am the opposite".

"Lady Medea you'll hurt yourself".

Helio worried since Medea have been holding her arm hard enough for her nails to dig through the clothes, luckly he notice it and even the way she bites her lower lip, he has to stop before blood will come out.

"Look I know you are upset about it-".

'Yes I might had been but I got over it right? But I met someone special'.

She thought and doze off her thoughts while Helio is still talking.

'It had been very childish to act the way before but I got over it. If I was accepted what would have happen to me now? Would I have been happy, sad or unsatisfied living in the palace'.

She got lost on her thoughts but snap out when Helio snap his fingers close to  her ears.

"What seem to be such hard thought for you yo daze off?".

He asked.

"Oh it's nothing".

Medea replied and look at him.

"Is it Dion?".

He rested his chin on his palm looking at Medea with a face of you-can't-fool-me.

"Seeing you being in love is very nice since you are happy and I rarely don't see that side of you".

He smiled.

"I'm in love?".

Medea ask to herself and Helio.

"What do you mean? I thought you yourself knew".

"Yeah I knew but to this day? I thought it might have faded with the ton of paper work".

"Medea, love can't just disappear yet alone appear. But I'm not really good with the love advise so you should talk to Psyche about that".

'Being in love? Me?'.

'Strange yet...warm'.

Her mouth curved and the thought of Dion her ears turn red, fortunately, her ears are covered by her hair.

Medea clear her thought and look back again at Helio.

"Back to the subject, what is it that you wanted to tell me?".

"The lady works under the chruch and she paid some people to start a false rumor about you and she thought that the chruch might have alot dirt about you".

"Trying to destroy my image by spreading false rumor is nothing new, what does she think of me? A new noble woman who easily gets broken with just rumor. This girl might not have known who she is messing with".

Her glaze is sharp like a knife as her blood boils of that girl looking down on her.

"I guess she might have forgotten what the real Medea Solon is".

Helio said. Dangerous aura surrounded them and workers from afar can feel it.

"But, how can we teach the person when we don't know what she looks like".

"I am familiar with her voice and since she is a maid working here I might just have a clue".

"But first how can we stop with the rumors, should we go to the church?".

"But will be dangerous and if we will go investigate, the pope might wonder why we come out of the blue".

Helio added and thougjt more deeply.

"Who says 'we' have to go?".

A cunning tongue of Medea like a snake.

"I think you have a plan as always so what is i-".

"Hello my lady and sir Helio".

Heli's words cut when he heard a familiar voice.

"Sorry to interupt but here is the refreshments, it took a while since the snacks are freshly baked".

Shely said and place the refreshements on the table.

"Heli?".

Medea asked because Heli's eyes widen of shock and it's shaking as if seeing a ghost.

'Is he ok?'.

It isn't like of him to be like, unless...

'Is the traitor....Shely?'.

Medea look at Shely.

"Is there something my lady?".

"Nothing, you may leave".

Medea tell her in a cold tone. Shely finch of how Medea acted and just bow her head.

"Yes my lady, I will go".

She grip her skirt tightly and walk away.

"She is the rat isn't she?".

"She has the same voice but at the same time, my gut says she isn't..I can't be sure yet".

"Lady Medea, I will go back now I have to investigate more, so can I ask for her name?".

"Shely, she is a commoner".

Helio stand up and drink the tea.

"I must go now, thank you for the tea".

'If she is the rat.....'.

"This surprise me now".

Medea place her chin on her hand and let out a dangerous aura.

"This will be interesting on how she will act when I knew".

Medea smrik.

"Medea Solon, is back".

She stab the cake with her fork and it neatly broke the ceramic plate into two pieces.