Chapter 2

Dion, one of the sons of the powerful family, the Agriche.

He opened his eyes slowly and saw that he’s inside a cave. He sat up and rubbed his head, and immediately felt a stinging pain when he touched his face. And it hit him, he blacked out when Medea punched his face.

He cursed himself after remembering his moment carelessness. He tried to get up, but he can’t, instead he felt a sharp pain in his stomach. After easing the pain a bit, he realized that he was just wearing a turtleneck instead of the complete bloody outfit he wore in battle. Fumbling a little while standing up he then grabbed his clothes and looked for his knife in one of his pockets.  

‘What the- I know I brought a knife here.’

He searched every part of his clothes and patted himself. He got agitated and searched everywhere in the cave, while searching he faintly heard light footsteps.  

Tensing up subtly, Dion’s movements halted. Cautiously, he looked for the source of the padding footsteps.

“Looking for this?”

Tilting his head sharply towards the voice. Dion narrowed his eyes slightly, his gazed caught an interesting sight.  

A woman with stunning countenance appeared.

Long cascading violet hair, as bewitching as the twilight.

Mysterious amethyst eyes, as sharp and cold as a blade of a knight.

Lips as luscious and red as spider lilies.

And aura as magnificent and elegant as a queen.

Snapping out of his silent stupor, Dion realized that the woman in front of him was the person who he fought before. Maybe because he was too caught up with their fight before that he failed to realize the beauty of his opponent.  

Looking at what she was twiddling her hands with, his eyes flashed with realization and something more… dangerous.

“Give it back.”

Dion demanded with a displeased tone. His mood became dourer as the second’s pass.

“Why should I?”

Medea taunted him and clutched the knife more tightly.

Dion gritted his teeth as the action aggravated him further. He marched briskly towards the woman with menace, but…  

“Uuurggghh”

The pain that subsided returned, but this time the pain became less tolerable. However, he remembered what his father said to him.

‘An Agriche should never show weakness.’

Remembering those words, he stood up once again and bared the excruciating pain.

Medea, with her keen eyes, saw that he was in pain. Although it was only a brief moment of weakness, Medea saw through his concealment and façade.  

“You must stop moving. You’re hurt and you have not fully recovered yet.”

She reached out to help Dion, however, Dion slapped the outreaching hand with spite and glared at her fiercely.  

"I don't need your help and I'm not in pai-".

Before he could finish, Medea punched him again and he blacked out.

“You are so stubborn and annoying even when you’re hurt.”

*Dion’s Dream*

It was a dark and rainy day. I was running away from the mansion after father ordered me to kill Roxana’s brother. The blood and the look of terror on is still fresh in my memories, his scream when I plunged the blade in his heart rang again and again in my head.