Chapter 55

A connection through marriage is far more powerful than any empty oaths since what your significant partner has you too will own it and vice versa. If you were to be popular in this place, your partner would be too considering that your love also has your name and those who know your love will also know you too, that is the basic connections of marriages but there are far more to unveil.

The only downside is depending on how powerful and trustful your marriage is it may affect the quality of it since if one partner crosses the line it will not be the loving and secure relationship you wanted but a toxic and respectless one and this will lead to countless miscommunications, troubles, threat, hatred and this can break into depression of one couple, loneliness if this marriage will ever come in breaks up like divorce or resentment. Even a simple fight can follow threats.

A marriage life is far more complicated than others may think, it is not a happy and lovely path of flowers that comes in a straight road once you tie a knot but rather a complete labyrinth and you might never know if this path will give you joy or if this path will do you nothing but troubles and those troubles will once again lead to the disadvantages of marriage life.

So the proposal that Roxana made is a risky move, far more risky than whatever move she had made in her life since if one family does not cooperate the bloodshed will once again back, but this time, a far more cruel and merciless battle of blood bath.

She is risking not just her family nor the Solon family but also the nation as two powerful families that have numerous connections become one that can lead to many disasters.

A gamble.

Roxana had made her choice in this gamble and once she lost it all, she would never have it back and this might even break the Agriche's family Foundation due to what Roxana just made.

Imagine this, if Roxana tosses away all her cards and money, since she is confident that she will win this gamble without knowing what Medea's cards are or in other scenes, what Medea has stored for her she will be nothing but debt rather than a millionaire, since she toss away her luck in the fifty-fifty gamble just because she is confident of her cards.

If she were to think more of it, she might not have made a risky move that could endanger her position and wealth as a gambler.

So...is Roxana gonna just toss away her luck? As she is confident that there will be no negative outcomes. But wait....what if, there are far more than two parties? What if a third party is involved?

A third party who sees it all...the dealer.

The dealer sets the cards, the mood, the games, and the rules that the player must follow. The dealers play a cruel role in a game to set as they will establish integrity and have to ensure that the play is equal...yet in human nature, favoritism will always be there. So what if the dealer was biased and was actually on Medea's side? Even if Roxana has a high chance of winning, if the dealer sees it they can just quickly change the cards so Roxana will lose, leaving her nothing but a peck of dust that was under Medea's shoes.

Who can be the dealer in this scenario? There are many options but the person who is in the right mind to do it would be someone who has also played this game and as far as Roxana knows there is only one person who can be a dealer and that is whoever father's are superior.

If the Agriche's leader were the dealer Roxana would win, yet the connection of marriage would not benefit Medea and it would look like she is using her, if the Solon head would be the one handling the gamble, Roxana would lose without a second...

A dealer who is not biased...but...once a player has a dealer they cannot change it just because they feel like there is favoritism and suspecting of a dealer's trick is far more complicated since if she were to complain about it who else has the other upper hand?

This is just a three-party game, there can't be more parties involved.

Oh, but the game is yet to end, without anyone knowing someone who is overseeing the view and seeing what injustice is done, the pit boss, or in this case, the emperor himself.

If Roxana were to lose because she left she would be playing an unfair game she can just consult the pit boss as long as she has proof, but considering the fathers to have dirty hands this will be a far more easy game than she had anticipated. Maybe she had thought of it all...

"So what do you say Medea? Do you accept the game?".

The blond girl asks.

"Yes...this will be an interesting play, I wanna see how far this goes".

"Good, since I have a plan for this game to start".

Medea's ears perk.

"To play this game, the dealers shall be thrown out".

"Is that so? How do you expect to do that?".

"Using the emperor's power".

Medea could not believe what she just heard. It caught her completely off guard.

"What? How do you intend to do that?".

"They have power and to get that power their hands are never clean, it is always dirtied by blood".

By that statement, Medea knew what lane Roxana was on. Their fathers' hands are never neat. The relationship between their high position and crimes is directly proportional, they have done so many illegal acts behind the emperor's back and once their crimes are in the light the emperor would not turn a blind eye and punish them.  

"And the only punishment suitable is death". 

Medea mumbles as she thinks and Roxana nods. Pleased that they are on the same page. 

"But, what is the aftermath? How does marriage even get involved in this game?". 

"Easy, after your father dies you get to be the head of the Solons".

"Yes, but Deon would also be the head of your family too, and both heads cannot marry each other unless one gives up their position".

"I know that Deon does not want to lead nor live in the mansion anymore which means that the position as the head is vacant and he left his succession, thus you two can get married and he will take your name".

Medea smiles just imagining that but she frowns and thinks that if Deon leaves the house of Agriche who will be the next head? She looks at Roxana's face and then asks. 

"So that means you will be the head?"

Roxana shakes her head. 

"You flatter me but I do not want to lead my house since just being inside the walls makes me breathe heavily so I wish to leave once the game is done, and besides I already planned on changing my surname".

She smiles just imagining a certain man with silver-white hair and golden eyes. The man who has suddenly captured her heart. When Medea saw her smile she knew instantly what it is about and she smiled as a sign of her support and blessing. 

"I knew that feeling and I'm glad you were able to find the reason for your smile, but I must ask, if neither you nor Deon will be the head, then who will it be?"

"Jeremy, he will be the head".