Chapter 52

A man will always be a man

A line that is commonly used when men do violent and sexual things. They just shrug it of and says it is natural but not all men.

Jeremy can't help but look at her helplessly like seeing a naive child mess something up. Jeanette just laugh and step backwards.

"Don't worry, I know that too".

But Jeremy just leaned in close, their eyes locked at each other.

"Then why did you let me in?".

"You should know there should not be an exemption".

He added. The distance got smaller as it is only a moment for someone to lean forward for them to kiss.

"There isn't".

Jeremy just sighs, it seems like his words didn't get through her.

"But here we are. You should know the dangers of a man".

He keeps his hands in his pocket and just stands still and step two steps back so the distance between them can be seen.

"I trust you".

Jennette replied innocently and this just made Jeremy extra worried.

"You should not... I am a dangerous guy, you don't know what I can do to you".

He warns her and he just avoids her eyes and just looks up at the ceiling.

'Never knew the ceiling look nice'.

He thoughts. Even if he is from a questionable family who uses their body and charm as they seduce the people to get what they want, he still respects women- ergo, Jennette so he must be extra careful and always keep his hands to himself and his eyes.

"But I know you won't do such thing".

Jennette keep her innocent smile, even without looking back at her, Jeremy knows she is using that smile and it bothers him since he is saying something truthful and important but she just doesn't mind it. To normal people he would have snap but Jennette isn't any other person. She is an exemption he sees so he is patient even if it takes her years to get that information in her mind.

"Then can you promise me one thing?".

Jeremy tone it with worry.

"Yes? What is it?".

"Please don't bring any men to your room or anywhere private where it is just the two of you. I care for you and you should too".

Jeremy just close his eyes and smile gently at her. Jennette just nod.

"Understood".