Chapter 54

The moon's light reflected the blonde color of Roxana's wavy untied hair giving it an illusion of glowing in the dark as she bows her head. She keeps the place of her right hand on her chest.

"Please raise your head, we are in the same high position".

Medea speaks about a fact and Roxana raises her head.

"I am simply showing respect since not a lot of people ever see me bow to them".

Roxana's eyes smile like a sly fox, and Medea knew it instantly that is not a genuine smile nor respect.

"Are you portraying that I am lucky to see your bow? You should know that I have seen even the toughest and high ranking nobel smile at me without a buff, something that you can never relate to seeing as how you do not know how to fake a smile".

The blonde becomes dumbfounded hearing the lady in front of her say.

If it was a normal person that Medea talked to that person would be ugly crying as she ran away, but do you expect a member of the family Agriche to even be normal? Roxana saw that as a joke rather than an insult and she just laughed.

"You actually thought it was a smile? It is a death threat".

It was a smile but Roxana wanted to see how Meds would react to it, would she cry? Be insulted? Be filled with rage? slap her and let her know her place? There are so many choices, yet out of all  the multiple choices that are circulating Roxana's mind laughing was never one of it and she just stared at Medea as she laughed. It is a laugh that you make with friends rather than a stranger who made a corny joke and you just have to laugh to not make the atmosphere between you two awkward and so that it would not seem rude.

"You're laughing?"

Roxana got so dumbfounded and a little offended seeing the girl's reaction.

Tears of joy forms in Medea's face, she places her right hand on top her stomach area and her left hand on her eyes as she wipes the tears.

"I'm...I'm so sorry, your reaction is just so funny".

Medea said in between laughs, she can't even make a complete sentence without her laughs going out first before each word.

"Wow..you really suck".

Roxana replied, she became a little irritated when Medea is being honest. No one ever said she was funny, she was always feared and respected, not being laughed at and mocked.

"I'm sorry".

Medea could not even control her own smiles.

It has been a while since she has laughed so much. If possible, she would be on the ground as her stomach and jaw hurts just from simply laughing because the reaction of Roxana is just priceless that it keeps circling on her head.

"You know you are really mean at this point".

"I just went here to confirm if the rumors are true that you are mean but you aren't, you are pure evil".

Roxana added.

Her expression says she is offended but her tone isn't, she is actually also enjoying this.

Just seeing another woman who is feared like her be able to laugh like a child, it makes her happy? Maybe because she saw someone who is like her, seeing someone who can have other emotions not just being cold and making others tremble. She is relieved to see that someone like her is also a human with emotion and just a made robot, she is actually happy seeing someone who relates to her.

"Now then, are you able now to not laugh?".

Roxana asked after two minutes of silence as Medea wipes her tears and nod.

"Yes, thank you".

"For what?".

"For making me laugh, it has been a while since I sincerely laugh".

Not just a while, but more like a year. Medea only remembers herself being able to laugh so much without any holding back nor thinking of what others think when she was with Nana, one of the people who saw her being her true self and the other being Helio.

But now, Medea feels like she is slowly being her true self and being a child she never once tried because of  Psyche, Helio, Deon and a little bit of Roxana.

"Put that aside".

Medea said and her eyes locked with Roxana.

"What is it that a woman of the Agriche wants from me?".

Roxana smiled and moved close to her.

"A proposal".

"A proposal?".

Medea copied. And once the purple haired girl asked, Roxana just nod.

"A proposal of being allay, and not because of the oath that you just made but an allay since I want the Agriche and Solon to be connected".

"Is that so? How will our families be connected?".

"Marriage".