05. Kindred Spirits

(Lorelei's P.O.V)

I quickly stood up, afraid I was going to start getting emotional in front of the golden-eyed man.

"We should probably get to class," I told him while dusting off my jeans.

He stood up and laughed. "Yeah, we will only be thirty minutes early. We better hurry."

We started walking side by side to class. I can't describe how tempted I was to brush up against his hand, just to touch him. He made it perfectly clear that he wasn't looking for a relationship. Neither am I of course, but I had to admit that it wouldn't take much for him to convince me otherwise.

I suppose I should be grateful then that those were not his intentions because what a mess that would create in my already chaotic life.

I could tell that Edward and I were kindred spirits, and for that I was thankful.

We made our way to our seats in the back of the classroom. I gingerly took my seat next to the window as he sat down beside me. I took notice how he was sitting at the very far end of the table— his fingers gripping the hard surface.

"You okay?" I arched a brow out of concern.

He nodded curtly. "I'm fine."

I tucked my left hand under my chin as I gazed over at him.

"Well, we still have thirty minutes before class starts. You were right," I laughed.

He smiled and shook his head.

I couldn't believe the connection we already established after only seeing each other a handful of times. I didn't want to say it was love at first sight. No, it wasn't that. Definitely lust at first sight (at least on my end), though I would never tell Edward that in a million years.

"So, what do you want to do for thirty minutes?" He joked as he relaxed his body a bit.

Butterflies engulfed my stomach.

I playfully raised my eyebrows as I leaned towards him before whispering in a seductive voice, "I have a few ideas."

The smile he had on his face instantly vanished and was replaced with a dumbfounded expression. He looked like a deer in headlights. His eyes widened and.. darkened?

Still, he said nothing as I fought back a smirk. A few seconds passed before I couldn't hold it back any longer. Laughter bubbled up my throat. This guy makes teasing him too easy.

"Was that a joke?" He asked incredulously, his mouth to the floor.

I grinned from ear to ear. "Yes, silly. I was messing with you."

I couldn't stifle my laughter. Edward still wasn't laughing which, for some reason, only tickled me more. He just shook his head, still in shock I believe.