11. The Apology

And I don't want the world to see me

Cause I don't think that they'd understand

When everything's made to be broken

I just want you to know who I am

**Iris by Goo Goo Dolls**

(Edward's P.O.V)

I frowned as I dropped the deer carcass that I had drained of blood to the ground. I hadn't gone too far to hunt. My nerves wouldn't allow it. It was only a fifteen minute run to Lorelei. I refused to go any farther than that.

Unfortunately, the only thing to feed on around here were deer. Safe to say, I had had my fill of the hooved creatures. I was antsy to get back home. I knew that Lorelei would be attending that festival with Zeke this weekend so I was extremely on edge.

I was torn between staying away or getting closer to her. I knew which option would be best for Lorelei but I feared I wasn't selfish enough to follow through. Even despite almost killing her, I wasn't sure if I could convince myself to stay away. I was willing to try though. For her.

Still, I knew I needed to take every precaution in case I couldn't bring myself to keep my distance. I had slipped up by not hunting like I should have been. My obsession for her got in the way of that and I couldn't let that happen again. Her safety is more important than my crazy obsession with her.

Her face was imprinted in my mind. She was literally all I could think about. I had fed on deer all night. I felt like I was going to burst. I had told myself that I would stay away, but first- I wanted to apologize to her. I knew that my rude behavior had hurt her and she needed to know how deeply sorry I was.

I sprung up and started racing towards home, ready to take a quick shower before knocking on her door. Excitement flooded through me at the thought of getting to talk to her, even briefly. It seemed like it had been ages since I had an actual conversation with her. I was soaring high as a kite as I sauntered into my house.

I took the quickest shower in history before changing clothes and running towards Lorelei. None of my family were home at the moment so I didn't have to be reprimanded by any of their thoughts. I was at her house in less than two minutes. The sun had just started to rise, tinting the overcast sky a light green color.

I could hear her heart beating through the walls. The sound was like music to my ears. I approached her bedroom window and was pleased to see that she was already up for the day.

Her bed wasn't yet made; sheets were sprawled on the floor. I couldn't help the sensual thoughts that creeped through my mind upon seeing those sheets tangled up on the carpet. I shook my head in an attempt to dispel images of her body entwined with mine.