13. Instincts

Cause I wanna wrap you up

Wanna kiss your lips

I wanna make you feel wanted

I wanna call you mine

Wanna hold your hand forever

Never let you forget it

**Wanted by Hunter Hayes**

(Edward's P.O.V)

Though I hated to leave her, I knew I couldn't trust myself to stay with her any longer. The urge to be near her, to touch her was too overwhelming. I needed to clear my head and banish the lascivious thoughts from my mind.

Our walk together was interesting to say the least. The sexual tension seemed to grow the more I was around her. I needed to get a handle on that specific hunger but I had no idea how. I wasn't used to such trivial, human desires. It wasn't like that with Bella.

For once, I was able to think of her name and not cringe at the painful reminder.

I planned on heading home to tell Alice about the plan for tomorrow. I was curious as to how she would react about the news, though I was sure she had seen it coming. I lingered at the edge of the forest surrounding Lorelei's house, hesitating to leave. My heart yearned for her presence; it ached the second she was out of my sight.

I could hear her prattling about in the kitchen. She was going to make herself a proper breakfast. I smiled knowing that she would be properly nourished. With one last longing look at her little white house, I started racing through the trees in the direction of home.

When I got home, Alice was waiting patiently for me in the living room with Esme and Carlisle on either side of her. I heard Emmett, Jasper, and Rosalie out back. Emmett and Jasper were having a wrestling match and Rosalie was attempting to referee. Alice looked up at me with a smug expression.

"Do you need to talk to me, Edward?" She asked, already knowing the answer.

I nodded. Carlisle and Esme looked up at me with worried eyes. They averted their gazes back to the news that was playing on the television. The reporter was going on about several brutal murders that had occurred around the area.

I listened intently as the reporter droned on, "The victims' bodies were all drained of blood; their heads severed from their bodies in a gruesome murder. There are no leads at this time..."

I clenched my fists. Carlisle's thoughts confirmed what I feared. Must be the work of a feral newborn.

Esme's eyes flitted to my face. "Are you okay, Edward dear?"

"I'm fine, Esme." My voice sounded strained when I spoke.

I was anxious to get back to Lorelei, fearful for her safety due to a newborn being on the loose.