38. I'm Not Good

(Lorelei's P

(Lorelei's P.O.V)

It was dark and cold. I was trapped. In a box? No, a coffin. My lungs were on fire. I couldn't breathe. I was underwater and running out of air. I frantically slammed my fists against the solid coffin, but I was too weak to break through and getting weaker by the second. I was drowning.

Then, by some unknown force, I was lifted from my body. It was only then that I realized it wasn't my body at all. I was looking into the terror-stricken eyes of my best friend as he drowned. Over and over again.

***

As I came to, panic pierced through my soul. I felt everyone's eyes on me. Damon and Edward were on either side of me; both wore matching panicked expressions.

I turned to Damon and spoke his brother's name, "Stefan."

I knew exactly where he was. I don't know how I knew, but I knew. The vision I had was all too real. My best friend was drowning over and over again, trapped at the bottom of the ocean.

Damon's eyes widened. "What just happened? Are you alright?"

I could hear the worry in his voice. Edward was still kneeling beside me; I could feel his eyes studying my face suspiciously. I chose to ignore his and Alice's stares.

"Damon, Stefan is in trouble. We have to leave. Now." I hopped up from the piano bench in a hurry.

Damon and Edward both stood up in sync.

"Lorelei, you looked like you were having a seizure. You need to go to the hospital," Edward stated firmly.

I spun around to face him with my mouth hanging open. "Didn't you just hear what I said?! Stefan is in trouble! Now, isn't the time for this, Edward."

I was frantic. I ran a hand through my hair forcefully. Damon placed a hand on my arm and spoke over my shoulder to Edward, "She's fine. She isn't going to the hospital."

Alice crossed her arms and glared at Damon. Edward took a threatening step towards him.

"And here I thought you actually cared about her," Edward hissed.

I sighed heavily. "Like I just said, now isn't the time for this."

They both proceeded to ignore me. I locked eyes with Alice and we both shook our heads. Damon stepped around me and towards Edward. They were squaring up. I was flabbergasted.

"I don't just care for her," Damon started in a low voice. "I'm in love with her."

My mouth fell open, surprised by his words. Edward's eyebrows flew up his forehead in an almost comical fashion; he appeared to be at a loss for words.