19. Lullaby

If a great wave shall fall And fall upon us all Then between the sand and stone Could you make it on your own If I could, then I would I'll go wherever you will go Way up high or down low I'll go wherever you will go --Wherever You Will Go by The ...

And fall upon us all
Then between the sand and stone
Could you make it on your own
If I could, then I would
I'll go wherever you will go
Way up high or down low
I'll go wherever you will go
--Wherever You Will Go by The Calling

(Lorelei's P.O.V)

My entire body felt stiff. The floor beneath me was cold and damp. My eyes slowly fluttered open. Sand? I grabbed a handful of sand and watched as it slipped through my fingers.

I felt my mouth fall open in shock. My ears were ringing. Once the ringing subsided, I could hear the sound of waves crashing in the distance. Slowly, I lifted my head from the sandy pillow and looked out at the never-ending waters. I was on a beach.

What happened last night? I racked my brain but the last thing I remembered was calling Stefan. My eyes widened as I took in my surroundings. I glanced down at my legs and sighed in relief that they were there. Though judging by the strange trail leading from the water's edge, I didn't have legs last night.

"There she is!" I heard a loud, deep voice.

I turned to look in the direction of the voice and saw a man with dark hair emerge from the tree line. He was a large, solid man; his build was oddly bear-like as he approached me. Another figure followed closely behind him. As the second figure got closer, I realized it was a woman. She had long flowing hair the color of gold.

They had pale, porcelain-like skin and golden eyes; they were both so beautiful. Their features instantly reminded me of Edward.

The man flashed me a boyish grin and raised his arms in a non-threatening manner as he walked towards me.

"It's okay. I'm Emmett and this is Rosalie." He gestured to the beautiful blonde woman beside him. "Edward's our brother," he explained in a soothing voice.

The second Edward's name left his lips, my heart stuttered in my chest.

"E-Edward," I whispered in a raspy voice while frantically looking for my friend.

Emmett turned to Rosalie momentarily. "Call Edward."

She narrowed her eyes at me for a split second before sauntering off and placing a phone to her ear. Emmett focused his attention on me once more.

"Do you think you can stand?" He asked softly, as though he was speaking to a child.

"I think so," I mumbled out, still not fully trusting my voice.

I leaned against the giant rock beside me that was jutting up from the earth. I used it for support as I slowly attempted to stand. Emmett had his arms outstretched, ready to assist if need be. My legs wobbled beneath my weight, like a baby deer standing for the first time. I sighed as I leaned against the rock.