CHAPTER 1

BECKY

"W-what?" She asked with a terrified look on her face.

"You don't have to hide" I said trying to subdue the fear that has started to build up inside of her.

Seeing her like this made me feel a tightening on my chest. Seeing the tears that have started to form from her eyes made me want to just go to her and hold her in my hands. Enclose her in my arms and tell her that everything is going to be alright.

I didn't want to see her like this. I didn't want this. This is far from the outcome that I wanted.

"I won't tell anyone" I tried to assure her but she only stood there frozen.

"Hey" I reached out my hand towards her but it only made her flinch and step back further from me causing her to hit the bed which made her trip and sit down, all without losing eye contact.

This is not what I wanted. I wanted to tell her that I already know the truth in order to give her some breathing room. I wanted to give her a place where she can be who she truly is. I wanted for her to let loose and be comfortable even if it's just her house, our house. I wanted to let her know that she's not alone and that I will be right here to support her. I wanted for us to be closer and not to drift apart even further.

'I can't let that happen' I steeled my resolve and stepped closer to her. I knelt down on one knee right in front of her and held her hands with both of mine which she looked down at.

I held her hands firmly trying to give her affirmation that I had no intention of giving her pain rather a helping hand that she needs and deserve.

"I'm not trying to threaten you" I said as softly as I could and that made her look at me. I can tell that she has been fighting back the tears that has been trying to escape from her eyes. "I'm telling you this because I want you to know that I am here to help"

The look in her eyes were filled with emotions: Fear, Confusion, Guilt, Happiness, Relief.

"I want to help lighten your load"

"I want you to be comfortable around me and just be who you really are" Her eyes are becoming even more watery as I continue.

"I will be your partner through all this"

"I will do the best I can to help you in any way that I can"

Just then, a tear has managed to escape her eyes which I immediately wiped away with my thumb. I kept my hand to her face and cupped it. "Because I know that you deserve to have happiness, and that's what I want to be able to give you"

She closed her eyes and finally let all her emotions out. Tears was continuously flowing down her face as she held my hand that held her face and nuzzled with it. Relief obviously taking over.

Seeing her finally break down and in tears broke my heart. I can only guess how she's feeling right now. She's been living while hiding her true self for far too long. She doesn't deserve this kind of pain.

Before I knew it, I was already pulling her into a tight embrace. Hoping that doing this much will be able to give her some comfort and strength that she needed.

I don't know how long it took her to stop crying but as soon as she was done, she was out cold on the bed.

Looking back on these past few months a lot of things has happened, but it has never occurred to me that I will find myself in this kind of situation. It certainly is complicated but what I feel is nothing compared to what she's feeling. I still don't know the entire situation and I know that the path ahead of us is not going to be all sunshine and rainbows. All I know is that I will be by her side through it all.