Chapter 1

Macau rushed towards the hospital hallway the moment he was informed that his brother is in the hospital and is going through surgery. Tears run down his face as he prays in his heart that his brother will be fine.

Reaching the operating room, he was met by a staff who informed him that his brother is in the middle of surgery and that he'll probably make it. He was then told by the staff that he should contact someone else to help his brother once he was out of surgery and was then handed his brother's phone.

Macau thanked the staff and takes the phone, he turns the device on and immediately went to his brother's contact list. He scans the list of contacts and grits his teeth, the contact list is filled with either someone who has already passed away or someone who has betrayed his brother, but his eyes soon caught a certain name. Kei.

He pressed the contact name and hesitated to call, he thinks about both his brother and Kei, he knows that Kei won't mind if they call her and ask for help or anything but he doesn't want to bother Kei. Macau bites his lips before he decides to hit the call button, shaking his legs as he brings the phone up to his ears, waiting for the line to go through.

"Hello??"

"*sniff* K-Kei?"

"Cau?? Why are you crying?"

"*sob* H-Hia-"

"Vegas? Cau, what happened? Are you okay?"

"H-Hia *sob* g-got sh-shot *sob*"

"WHAT? WHERE ARE YOU GUYS?? SEND ME THE LOCATION NA! I'LL GO THERE!"

"*sob* o-okay"

The call ended and Macau sends Kei to the hospital's location and thanked Kei. Macau sat on the waiting chair with his head hung low, tears blurring his vision once again, and starts making their way down his cheeks. He twisted his hands and silently prayed Vegas will be okay.

Half an hour passed by and rushed footstep was heard, Macau tilted his head to look at the figure rushing toward him. The figure, a girl, neared him and immediately brings him into a hug and Macau broke down in tears, fully sobbing in the girl's arms.

Kei immediately rushed towards the location Macau sent after the call, rushing inside and finding the operating room Vegas is in. As she arrives at the operating room area, she finds Macau with his head hung low and tears flowing, she immediately went to him and brings him into a hug.

The two sat there, Macau crying himself to sleep in Kei's arms until the operating door opens and a doctor appears. Kei shook Macau awake, holding onto the boy as they rushed towards the doctor, the boy immediately questioned the doctor as Kei stood beside him.

"DOCTOR! H-HOW'S MY HIA?"

"The surgery went well, but he's in a coma right now. He should wake up in a week or two."

Macau's leg gave up, and he once again cries, but this time with happy tears. Kei thanked the doctor on behalf of Macau before asking which room will Vegas be settled in and if there is any document that they need to fill, to which the doctor mention that she could follow him to the registration office while Macau can follow one of the nurses to Vegas.

Kei went to the registration office and immediately filled out the documents needed before heading toward Vegas' room. She was greeted by the sight of Macau holding onto Vegas' hands as she walked in, she sighs before walking towards Macau and patting the younger head.

"P'Kei... Do you think hia will really wake up in a week or two"

"Your hia is very strong you know, so, I'm sure he'll wake up soon. Maybe sooner than we expected."