Chapter 4

A/N: Sorry for the long wait, but here's a short(?) update for today! I'll be updating next in a couple of days na~

Kei wasn't pleased after meeting the Theerapanyakun, her chest burned with anger, not liking the way they treated Vegas or Macau. Once the dinner was done, they all parted ways, with Kei bringing Vegas and Macau to stay at her place.

Vegas looked at Kei complicatedly as they headed toward her house, he knew they had a strong bond with each other, but seeing how protective she became over them made him feel shiver. Never once in his life did he think that someone would protect him like that.

Macau, on the other hand, looks at Kei with sparkling eyes, he adores the other girl as she has always been there for Vegas and for himself, his heart beats faster from excitement as he thinks about the fact that this time, he'll be her little brother.

The three sat in silence throughout the ride, and once they arrived, they immediately got out of the car and entered Kei's place, which is a huge modern digital house. When it came to the Carozza family, they would think they lived in a huge mansion or building, a very mafia-like house, but not for them as the Carozza likes having a homey place.

Entering the house, the three are greeted by a butler, and Kei explains to Vegas and Macau that they'll have their own butler in the house and a bodyguard with them all the time. Vegas and Macau nod understandingly as Kei mentions that they'll meet their butler and bodyguards tomorrow.

Adam, Kei's personal butler, introduces himself as he walks them towards the 3rd floor, explaining how Vegas' and Macau's rooms aren't ready yet and that they'll stay at Kei's room, as requested by Kei.

"Once you wake up tomorrow, Adam is going to show you your butler, bodyguards, and your room. Once you see your room, you can talk to your butlers about how you want to decorate it, you can just give them your idea and let them do it for you or if you want to do it mostly for yourself, it doesn't matter."

Vegas and Macau nod at Kei's words, and a small smile blooms on their lips as they look at each other with glee, for once they feel free, and for once they are able to do what they want.

The three walks into Kei's room, leaving Adam outside, the room is already set with 2 extra beds, while Kei immediately plops on her bed, Vegas and Macau gently go to the bed they want and sit there.

"Cau, you can shower first. Adam has already placed extra toiletries for you guys, there's also a pajama ready in the bathroom"

"Okay, Phi!"

Macau jumps off the bed and heads towards the bathroom, leaving Vegas and Kei in the room. Kei lays down on her bed, staring at the ceiling as exhaustion catches up, while Vegas unabashedly stares at her.

"I... I don't know how I can repay you for all of this?"

"Repay? V, I'm not doing any of these to get something to you"

"I know..."

"I care about you, I care about Macau. I know your story, and I know for a fact you deserve better"

Vegas stayed silent after listening to Kei and hearing no reply, Kei sat up and looked at Vegas, who was looking down at his hands, fiddling it. Kei, knows for a fact that only a very few people can see Vegas in such a vulnerable state, so she stands up and heads towards Vegas.

She stands in front of Vegas, before bringing her hand up towards the older's head, patting it softly, before then hugging him, cradling his head against her belly. Vegas, who's being hugged, doesn't fight against it and instead sags his body and fully leans onto Kei.

Their hug didn't last long as soon enough Macau emerged from the bathroom, he spotted the two older huggings and made his way to them, a pout forming on his face. He breaks off the two from their hug and gives his own brother a side-eye.

"How dare you guys hug without me!"

Vegas stares at Macau in shock, as his younger brother hugs Kei, acting spoiled towards her. He scoffed as a frown made its way onto his face, for a reason he felt like he didn't want Macau to be hugging her.

Kei giggles as she hugs Macau back, and sways them side to side, letting the younger hug her for a bit before then telling him to help Vegas to the bathroom. Macau listens to Kei, he lets go of the hug before helping his brother to the bathroom. Once Vegas was in the bathroom, Macau went back to Kei, and the two then settled on Macau's bed.

"Phi..."

"Hm?"

"I'm sleepy..."

"Sleep, Cau"

"Hug me?"

"Sure!"

Kei lays down with Macau and brings the younger to her arms, patting and rubbing his back as Macau closes his eyes to sleep. She stares empty as she remembers how the main family treats them, mad that they don't see what they see.

"Phi..."

"Yes, Cau?"

"Can we stay with you forever?"

"Of course, you can, Macau"

And with that Macau, fell into slumber. Kei gently removes herself from the younger before heading towards the bathroom, she knocks before asking if Vegas is done, to which the other responds by opening the bathroom door.

Kei helps Vegas go back to his bed, before telling him to sleep, tucking the older one in, and heads towards the bathroom to clean up. Vegas watches as Kei walks away from him and into the bathroom.

Vegas then closes his eyes, never in his life would he thought he'd be in a situation like this. Anger burns in his chest as he recalls the events that have happened, especially with the main family involved. Questioning what the hell has he done to make them hate him and Macau, especially Macau, so damn much.

Vegas got so lost in his thoughts that he didn't realize Kei was back from the bathroom, only realizing when she turned off the lights. He takes a peak at Kei, watching as she tucks herself into her bed, before falling into slumber, and once Vegas is sure Kei is asleep, he follows, relaxing and falling into slumber.