Chapter 26

A/N: A filler chapter?  We can't forget about Rey~

While the rest are in Italy, Rey is left alone with Kim. She doesn't mind living with him as long as he doesn't cause a problem and so far he's been obedient. As days passed, Rey tolerated Kim more and more, and now Rey doesn't resent Kim much.

Rey doesn't pay much attention to Kim as he lives with her, she only talks to him if it is a must, and if not they'll do their things silently. These past few days Kim has been staying in his room most of the time and Rey doesn't think anything is weird.

Until Rey is looking for Kim to ask if he knows what Kinn wants to talk about with him, she knocks on his door and enters, her brows furrowing as she looks at Kim at his desk with paper scattered on the desk.

Kim was sleeping, his hand folded on the desk and his head resting in his arms, exhaustion covers his face so Rey doesn't wake him up. She picked up a piece of paper with scribbles on it, realizing it was lyrics she placed them back.

She scans the desks and realizes the scribbles that Kim wrote on the paper are all sad lyrics, about being abandoned, being hurt, being left alone, and this intrigued Rey. She wanted to question him but decided to do it once he was awake.

Rey then left Kim's room and went back to her office to continue working, it was dinner time when Kim was finally awake and Rey could ask him a couple of questions.

"Do you know what Kinn wants to talk about with you?"

"... I don't know"

"Hm..."

"Maybe about Pa? I don't know"

"I see... then, have you been writing songs?"

"Yeah... I finished one song..."

"You should play it for me"

"Sure... I guess?"

"Come to my office after this"

"Okay..."

Rey and Kim finished their dinner before they headed back to their rooms and then went to Rey's office. Rey was already sitting on her sofa when Kim came in with his guitar, he took a seat across her and gently strummed the guitar.

Kim starts humming as he strums his guitar and then he starts singing, Rey leans back as she leans back on her sofa listening to him singing, she can tell Kim is singing this with every emotion he has, but as Rey listens to the lyrics she can't help but wonder.

Stay stay I just wanna stay here, let's just stay right here

I will be okay, we can live forever in each others eyes.

We can live forever why don't we just stay stay

Rey stares at Kim as he looks down seemingly emotional after singing, she's to admit the song is great, and the lyrics are great but Rey is curious about the why.

"Why?" Rey asks.

"Why what?"

"Why is it 'Why don't you stay?'"

"Because... Because everyone leaves..."

"Do they? Really?"

"Why are you asking this?"

"I'm curious because the song tells me that you just want them to stay for you despite all the bad things but did you give them a reason to? Do they deserve to stay?" Rey asks, "Never mind, don't mind me. I just ask whatever pops up in my mind"

Kim followed Rey as she stood up and went out of the room, her words struck something in him, a realization of some sort. Kim went back to his room and lay on his bed, he stared at the ceiling as he recalled the things he did.