Chapter 9

A/N: A brain dump and word vomit. Please comment on your thoughts on this work! 

The moment Porchay decides to stay with her, Kei starts preparing for Porchay's addition to the house. She called Rey and Theo, telling them what happened and that Porchay will stay with her, she also mention that the two should come because she knows Porsche will probably make a ruckus soon.

Rey and Theo are thankfully not busy and was already planning on visiting their little sister, so they decided to head to her house after the call ended.

Once the two arrived, Rey immediately went to look for Porchay, ready to fuss over the younger, while Theo went to look for Kei, finding her in her office with Vegas.

"How's Chay?"

"He was pretty upset when he came here, hopefully, he's a bit more cheerful now"

"What happens there to make him so upset?"

"Chay apparently was always kept in the shadows and treated like a child when Porsche is part of the mafia. I think visiting here made him realize that what Porsche and Kinn are doing is not protecting him but making him an outsider"

"I see, how's his practice?"

"He's doing well, he has talent with hand-to-hand combat and he's not too bad with guns, it needs more work, but overall he's doing good. Thanks for the trainer, Theo. Jay was a great trainer"

"Anything for Chay"

"Oh? What's with you and Chay?"

"Hm? Nothing, he's been visiting a lot so I was just keeping an eye on him"

"Sure... You seem to dote on him a lot you know"

"Huh? No, I don't"

"You do, just know, Macau will probably get jealous if he finds you doting over his friend"

Kei watches as Theo avoids eye contact with her. Shaking her head, the two continue talking about work along with Vegas.

Vegas has been helping Kei with some of her work, from paperwork to interrogation. Kei's work deals mostly with the two, and sometime she entrust Vegas to help. The two work together efficiently and they get work done quicker.

As Theo, Vegas, and Kei talked, Justin rushed in, announcing that Porsche and Kinn were at the gate causing a ruckus.

"Tell everyone that Kinn and Porsche are here and Let them in"

"On it"

Justin immediately sends a notice to all butlers and bodyguards, announcing that everyone should be prepared for Kinn and Porsche's arrival. He then specifically informed Kun and Riki, Chay's assigned butler, to inform the two young masters that Kinn and Porsche were coming.

Theo decided to leave Kei and Vegas to go and find Rey, Macau, and Porchay. Kei watches as Theo leaves her office room with long strides, before deadpanning at Vegas.

"V. Tell me. Theo has a soft spot for Chay right?"

"A hundred percent..."

"Oh, this will be interesting"

As Kei and Vegas are about to head out to the living room, they can hear a ruckus being made downstairs. Kei sighed at the noise, work has been draining her a lot these days, lots of meetings, lots of documents to revise, and interrogations to attend.

Vegas watches as Kei stands straighter and walks downstairs, following behind her. He understands the younger, their line of work can be draining, even deadly. As he stays with Kei, he automatically spends most of his time with her and he has nothing but respect for her.