4. Here Goes Nothing

Y/N'S POV:
It's 7 pm, tonight I go to the avengers tower. Tony never told me what time I should be there so I figure just get ready now. Again, I wore a suit, something I'd wear in a courtroom. I really hope I'm not overdressed. I'm extremely nervous, none of the other avengers have affected me so far but I guess I haven't really met them. It's Natasha. She's the most gorgeous person I've ever seen and she seems to hate me. Every second when I did get distracted at work all I wanted to do was read her mind, hear her thoughts, but they were too quiet to hear without making it obvious. I didn't know what to do.

"Y/n, why are you so dressed up again? And where were you this morning?"

I had totally ditched my graduation party and left everyone without saying a word... oops.

"Oh right... I kind of had a huge rush and uhhh... last night at the grad party, I got a call and that's when I stepped out. It was Tony Stark. He wanted me for stark industries."

"...WHAT"

"So this morning was my first day and uhhhh... I was invited to the avengers tower."

"Y/N. WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ANYONE?"

"I was excited! I totally blanked on telling people."

"Oh my god how was Tony."

"Tony's nice, Natasha Romanoff was also there and before you say anything, I did literally nothing but, she hates me."

"WHAT DID YOU DO Y/N!"

"NOTHING I SWEAR!"

The doorbell rang and we raced to answer

"HELLO?" April says just a bit too loud when she beats me to the door.

"Hi there, this is y/n's apartment, right?"

Happy.

"Hi, that's me are you happy?"

"Y/n why would you ask a stranger if he's happy?" April, understandably, asks me.

"His name, April, it's happy, right sir?"

"Yes that's me, happy. I'm here to take you to the avengers tower."

"Perfect. I'll see you later April. NOT A WORD TO MAX! I'll tell him."

"Okay fine, bye y/n"

"Bye April"

Happy and I walk out of the apartment complex and make our way to his limo.

"So... happy huh."

"Yeah, that's me."

"For a man named happy you sure don't seem happy."

"It happens sometimes. Look just plug your phone in and play whatever music you want, it should only play on the speakers back there so I won't hear it."

"Oooooo thanks happy"

"Yeah."
~~~~small time skip~~~~

TONY'S POV:

I called for another meeting, I had too.

"Alright listen, I know I said I'd wait but I think it's just best if everyone is on board with this."

"On board with what?" Wanda asks

"Y/n, the new 'recruit' will be showing up at the tower today. In fact, she's on her way as we speak."

I turn my head to Natasha and she is fuming.

"Tony..."

"Natasha..."