5. Truth be told

NAT'S POV:

So, maybe I was a little wrong about y/n. Talking to her a little more throughout the night has helped me trust her a little more. I hate admitting it but maybe Tony was right on this one. Maybe Wanda was too.

"Nat?"

"Stark"

"Nat."

"What did I do this time stark"

"Nothing I- Steve asked a question. Are you okay? You're never distracted that's what makes you one S.H.I.E.L.D's best agents."

"No yeah I'm fine I just... I'm fine Tony. What was the question Steve?

"Whatever you say Romanoff, I asked if you knew where we had a spare room, you know, just in case we decided to go further in this TEAM decision."

"Well Steve, my hall's pretty empty." Why did I say that. They're gonna put her room next to mine. Oh god. Is there something wrong with me? Why would I do that? Am I warming up to y/n? Sure. But do I want her here? NO. NOT YET AT LEAST. I'm overthinking, that's all. Maybe that's why Wanda said my thoughts were loud. Can Wanda hear my thoughts right now?

I take a glance at Wanda and she's fully focused on Bruce and the conversation he's having with Tony, she can't even understand it. At least I'm safe. Nobody knows I'm starting to like her, no one needs to know that I'm acting unprofessionally. No one needs to know what I really think. Just keep up the act Romanoff.

I turn my to check each side of the table, everyone is distracted but y/n, they're looking at me. Blushing? Why would she be blushing?

"She's what?!" Wanda screams out loud causing the whole table to look at her and I in confusion.

"What?! Who's what? Im confused!" I shout very distraught.

Wanda glares at y/n then back at me... like she's been doing all damn night.

"Everyone go back to your conversations. Please." Wanda says with a head tilt and her voice back at its normal volume and everyone, afraid, does what she says.

"And Nat, find someone to converse with." With the same head tilt and volume, I have no other choice and start to talk to Clint.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/N'S POV:

"Really, y/n, going into Nat's mind."

"Okay, how can you assume I've done that."

"Nat was thinking!"

"IT'S A THING WANDA, PEOPLE THINK!"

"NO. She was thinking... about you. So when you start blushing after that, it's a little suspicious y/n."

"So you are listening to her thoughts hmm? If you were why is it a problem if I MAY have overheard something? I mean, after all her thoughts were extremely loud."

"Well I-"

"Exactly, goodbye Wanda, you can head out."

"I can easily convince stark to fire you, fuck off with that attitude." She thinks sending me a head tilt.

"I uhh... yes ma'am."