22. Huh?

TW: BRIEF MENTIONS OF BEING HELD HOSTAGE AND ABUSE!!!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NATASHA'S POV:

How?

How and why?

Did I do something wrong?

Am I not good enough, did she need more?

What's wrong with me, how can I not know what I did?

All the thoughts going through my head as I lay on my bed. I didn't even hear the loud knocks on my door. I didn't hear Wanda calling my name, asking me to open the door. I still would like to pretend that I don't hear her but as far as I know, the little witch is hearing my every thought.

"Nat please." Wanda says through the door.

"Go away, Wanda." I say only loud enough for her to hear.

"Come on, I can explain everything to you if you just give me a chance to!"

"Why do you have to explain? Why can't my girlfriend explain why she loves someone else? The fucking enemy at that."

"Let me in and I can explain it all! Please!"

"Why would you even know? You're not her."

"Yeah, you're right, I'm not her but I was there, and I can even go into her mind and show you what happened if you need me to but I promise, she wouldn't dare think about another woman when she has you!"

I don't respond, instead I get out of bed and open the door, watching as Wanda walks to the bed and sits at the corner. I close the door and lay back down on my bed, sitting down on my pillows, my back against the headboard, and my knees to my chest, my head resting on my knees as rogue tears fall from my eyes.

"Talk."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TONY'S POV:

"How long will the samples take Bruce?" I ask, watching the screen with her vitals.

"The blood samples?"

"No, the spit samples, yes the blood samples, they're the only ones we got."

Bruce huffs and rolls his eyes. "Sorry." He sarcastically responds. "It'll take at least another hour."

"Another hour?"

"Yeah, in the meantime, do you think we could get Wanda down here? I think she could help figure out what really happened, love is a concept, all mental , nothing physical, Wanda's perfect for figuring out what happened."

"Alright philosopher, I'll get witchy down here."

"Hey guys, when can I see Subject 29 again? I miss her." Y/n butts in.

"Miss her? You do not 'miss her.'" I respond, a little mad honestly, Nat never likes anyone likes this.

"Yes I do, I wanna see her again."

"No kid you don't, trust me." Bruce says.

"Well why should I trust you? You don't have a girlfriend or a wife or anything!"

"Listen kid, you may have a point, but Bruce is right, and you, you should be focusing on the girlfriend you already have."

"I asked Subject 29 out?" She asks with hopeful eyes. I almost feel bad.

"No, Natasha."

"Oh, can I see a photo of her again?"

I pull up a photo of the team, one where Natasha specifically, looks great, then I zoom into her. "there, that's her, did you forget about her?