11. Mind Games

NAT'S POV: 

"So you just let her get away?!?" Tony yells. 

"What the hell could I do?!?"

"Get her to stay!" 

"None of this would've happened if we were straightforward with her, like Rogers said!" 

"Well Rogers isn't in charge, is he!" 

"Maybe he should be!" 

"Listen Romanoff. I know that I'm known for ego, for pride but even I can see that you feel something for y/n even if it isn't romantic. There's something there and that just costs us an asset." 

"Well come on Tony, she fully said she'd quit, being on the team was the last thing she wanted!"

"Oh come on Natasha! Clint has fucking children and they've been kept safe, hidden! There's not one form of protection that we can't give her!" 

"Tell her that yourself!" 

"I would if I knew where she fucking was!" 

Tony sighed and we both took a moment, silence filling the room. He was right. As much as I hate to admit it, romantic or not there was something in there for y/n. I fucking hate her for it. Love is for children, that's what you're taught in the red room. If you love, you're weak. I can't be weak. I won't let myself be weak. 

"I'm going to find her." Tony says, finally breaking the uncomfortable silence. 

"How?"

"I think Wanda could help us find out where she is." 

"Again, how?" 

"I have a theory, that is, if y/n and Wanda have the same powers, there's a possible chance that they're connected in some way. If they are then no matter where in the world they are, they can telepathically communicate." 

"I don't know Stark..."

"Trust me Romanoff. F.R.I.D.A.Y, call Wanda down to the meeting room."

"Just this once, Stark." 

"I'll take it." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/N's POV: 

Having powers is great when you don't have to limit them. I've turned this island into a fucking paradise! If I get bored of something I can easily twist it into something else, something better. Currently, I'm sat at the open bar. Perfect view of the lonely ocean. I take a sip of my bourbon and sit back. I can't risk getting caught so obviously I've created a sort of hex giving any airplanes or other flying vehicles an illusion of a regular island while inside I've got the bar, I've got a lovely, tiny but lovely, home, a Jacuzzi, and a diner cuz why not. No employees just somewhere to go when I want a change of scenery. 

Like I said, I can't risk getting caught so instead of having a phone and airpods, I have a simple plug in speaker and my own version of a phone, specifically made to be untraceable. It's a little lonely sure, it gets sad sometimes yeah, but at the end of the day this was for my friends own good. I refused to join because I refuse to put them in danger. If I'm gone then there is no danger. Simple as that. 

"Actually, not quite as simple as you thought."

"No. Get out. Now." I groan in irritation as Wanda's voice comes into my mind. 

"You realize you didn't even warn your friends, shouldn't they have a say in what's best for them?" 

"Come on Wanda, I mean it, I like you, don't change that."