18. She's up?

WANDA'S POV:

With April's help, we were able to get to y/n's friends and parents, and with Tony's help, we were able to get her work friends. We had discussed what we were gonna do with them but we didn't have enough time to properly set up safe houses for them. I WAS gonna ask y/n but I have no idea if she's still in surgery and I do not have the energy to deal with Tony... so I had Natasha ask.

Of course everyone had their questions but there was no real answer to give so Nat and I had to make things up and luckily for us, it satisfied them. We currently have them sharing rooms in the tower.

"WANDA" Natasha bursts through the door.

"WHAT?"

"YOU NEED TO COME TO THE LAB. NOW."

"IS IT-"

"Y/N, YES!"

"SHIT OKAY."

We ran down to the lab and the heart monitor looked as if it were malfunctioning, her body calm, breathing, but the monitor going crazy, switching her heart beats from zero to almost 200 in the blink of an eye.

Everyone was here... the team, her parents, her friends. You look around the room and all the sense of urgency is strong, rightfully so. Tony and Bruce trying to find and fix the problem. Steve yelling at the two to hurry up, a life was on the line. It was. Bucky yelling at Steve to calm down, rushing was the last thing to help right now. Sam watching her breaths, trying to see if anything learned from his time spent serving in the military could help in this situation. Her friends -all of them- a mix of sadness, fear, small yet present hope. Her parents, the same thing, just one added feeling, guilt. 

Now for the worry I feel towards y/n, my friend, I decided to take a look into their minds, to understand why the guilt was there, to know if it was safe for them to be here. To know they aren't threats. I decided to go for her mom first, gaining the information of how she got her powers, watching from her mothers eyes as hydra experimented on her as a baby and finally, watching through her mothers eyes as I held y/n's baby form down, screaming, crying, like babies do... but there it was completely different. I did this. I could feel the pain inside her and I kept doing it, not heading Pietros warning, that it would come to bite me in the ass in the future. Only now do I realize how right he was. They're not the monstrous threats here... I am. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NAT'S POV: 

I wanted to leave that room, to walk away, to never look back, honestly to leave New York. But I can't because no matter what, y/n is and will always be on my mind, even when I'm on a mission that requires one hundred percent of my attention, I can't get myself to stop thinking about her, to be distracted by her. I truly was taught that love was a weakness and now, in moments like these, it truly was a weakness.

The machine was calming down but now her body was beginning to spasm. Arms shaking, legs shaking, head bouncing. I so desperately wanted to look away but I couldn't. I was frozen. I looked around, everyone was here but Wanda had left. No one noticed. As worried as I am for y/n, I wanted to check on Wanda, and as worried as I was for Wanda, I didn't wanna leave y/n. But Wanda's alive, she's alright, she's not in this bed dying. Y/n is. 

All of a sudden, y/n jumped up. Not just another intense part of the spasm, she was up, awake, sitting, calm. She was panting hard, both her and the machine were now calm. Of course everyone wanted to surround her and ask her if she was okay but not knowing what happened could always lead to trouble. 

Bruce announced to everyone that no matter who they were and how close they were, they had to go. We can't risk giving someone else powers. Sadly, that still meant that I had to go. Y/n watched as we all left, the last thing I could see before closing the door? Y/n, silently begging me not to, tears streaming down her face as she completely ignored anything Tony and Bruce had to say. But I had to go, it was for her.