2

Chicago in July was something and spending the whole day watching cars drive around the streets of Chicago was not where she was planning to be. She didn't know if Derek was gonna be there but she hoped with everything she had that he wasn't. She wasn't super psyched about it and was more nervous about Lukas being so little.

She got up and got changed before she got Lukas up and changed him into the only Nascar-related shirt he had. It was a simple Ryan Blaney onesie that he was starting to outgrow but Derek was a huge Blaney fan so the little boy always wore the outfit on Sundays.

"Maddy you ready?" Jay asked as they packed the last of the cooler.

"Remind me why we're doing this?" She asked as she sat Lukas on the counter and started to put sunscreen on his little face, "Buddy I know. But you need it,"

"Because Kev got us all tickets. And it'll be fun," Jay told her, looking over his shoulder as she had Lukas on the counter.

"Dad, this is my idea of pure stress," she said as she put sunscreen on Lukas' little arms. "I don't have a little backpack leash for him yet,"

"Well luckily you'll have all of us there," Hailey said as she grabbed the little boy's bag.

"I know. But he's fast," she said as she tried one more time to get more sunscreen on his face.

"I know Maddy but it's gonna be fine," Jay assured her as they all headed out and all 4 piled into Maddy's SUV.

Maddy found a spot to park the car, easily getting Luke out and carrying him.

"Alright, honey. You stay with Mommy or Nana and Papa okay?" She told her son, tightening her grip on him as she saw the crowd.

The cars were lined up on pit road which Kevin had also gotten passes for, making Maddy's anxiety grow a little more. She didn't want to put her son down as they went through the crowds, looking at all the cars.

"Ca!" Luke giggled, pointing at the number 10 that Aric Almirola drove.

"Yeah buddy, you see all the cars?" She smiled, setting him down and holding his little hand tightly. "You wanna go look?"

"Mama ca!" He giggled again, pulling Maddy to the number 19 of Martin Truex Jr.

"I know. I see baby," she nodded, holding his hand as they went over.

It was a spit second moment that Maddy lost grip of her son and he decided to run off.

"Lukas No!" She yelled, not caring that she was pushing people to follow her son. "Lukas Hayden get back here!"

The next thing she saw was one of the drivers picking up her kid and walking back toward her with Lukas on his hip.

"I believe this belongs to you?" The driver said as he handed Lukas back to Maddy.

"Yes, thank you so much," she sighed in relief, turning to Lukas, "You do NOT run away from Mommy,"

"He's a fast little guy,"

"Yeah, I was worried about bringing him but we had tickets so. Must be used," she chuckled, "Thank you so much,"

"I like the shirt bud," he smiled, shaking Lukas' little hand.