31

The next morning was full of preparations as they were hoping that Ryan would pull off a win. They were both nervous and actually laid in bed a lot longer than normal, talking over the day and hoping hard for that win.

"How you feeling about this?" She asked, sitting across from him as they ate breakfast.

"I'm not as nervous as I thought I would be," He shrugged, getting Lukas to sit at the little dinette table with his french toast sticks.

"I'm nervous and I'm not even in the car. I'm on the pit box," she chuckled, as she ate her breakfast and gave him his plate.

"I know but you know I'm safe,"

"It's not you that I worry about...Well I do but I also worry about the other guys getting aggressive with you and something happening," she told him, "I didn't like the concussion times,"

"I didn't like it either," he chuckled. "I'll be alright honey,"

"Okay. Is daddy gonna win today buddy?" Maddy asked, looking at her 2-year-old who was smashing on his french toast sticks.

"Daddy win mama!" Lukas giggled, shoving more food in his mouth.

"I think he will too," she chuckled, finishing up before she was cleaning up and Ryan was getting ready to go.

"Bye buddy," He told Lukas, lifting him up to get a hug from the little boy.

"Bye, Daddy!" He grinned, hugging Ryan as tight as his little arms could.

Ryan grinned as he set Lukas back down with his tablet before heading Maddy's way.

"I'll see you on pit road," he said as he came over and kissed her.

"Yep, I'm gonna put him down around 12 and we'll be there at 2," she nodded, "Have fun,"

"Oh so much," he chuckled, kissing Luke's head before he left the bus and headed to the driver's meeting.

She chuckled and played with Lukas a little bit before she fed him some lunch and got him down for his nap.

She texted Ryan a little bit before she got ready and put on her white dress and heels. She curled her hair into some loose waves and did her makeup as Lukas slept. She was incredibly nervous but she knew he probably was too.

As soon as Lukas was awake and changed, they headed out of the bus and to pit road

As soon as Lukas was awake and changed, they headed out of the bus and to pit road. Fans were just starting to filter in so they easily found Ryan and actually had a moment to talk to him.

"How you doing?" She asked, handing Lukas over as he reached for Ryan.

"I'm not nervous about the race itself. Just where we finish,"

She nodded, "you're gonna be great and we'll be here the whole time,"

"I know you will be," He nodded.

She smiled and hugged him tightly before more and more fans came to him and it was time to be Ryan Blaney.

She loved watching how he interacted with fans and how excited some fans got when they got his autograph. He was always so kind to everyone and it's something that she was glad Lukas could see.

They started clearing fans off around 2:40 before the opening ceremonies started. The prayer, national anthem, and everything in between.

"Alright, I gotta get in the car," He smiled, hugging her and Lukas tightly, "I love you guys,"

"We love you," She smiled, kissing him before he kissed Luke's head. He then put his hat on luke as normal and handed his sunglases over to Maddy

"See you in victory lane baby,"

"I'm gonna hold you to that," She smirked, letting Luke climb up to the pit box before she did.

She clearly heard the engine command and put Luke's headphones on before she put hers on and got his radio on the scanner. The cars were soon rolling off pit road and they watched as they rolled around the track at caution speed.

"Daddy go mommy!" Lukas giggled as he pointed to Ryan's car coming around the corner with the rest of the field.

"Daddy will go in just a second baby. He doesn't have a green flag yet," She chuckled, waiting for the engines to rev up to tell her the green flag was waving.

"Go daddy Go!" Lukas giggled,s itting on Maddy's lap as they watched Ryan race around the track for the championship.