7

Ryan and Maddy walked back to his motor home hand in hand after everything. Lukas was sleeping in Ryan's arms and everything was just perfect.

"You got an idea for little man?" He asked, unlocking the bus before they both went in.

"I have a pack-and-play in my car, I'll just have to get it,"

"Here, take him," he said as he handed Lukas over, "Where's your car?"

"Parking lot," she shrugged, getting her keys out of her purse.

"Keys please?" He asked, holding out his hand for them.

"I can get it," she chuckled.

"Keys please," he said again, still holding a hand out for them.

"It's a gold Tahoe," she sighed, handing over the keys as she knew she wouldn't win.

"Be right back," he nodded, leaving the motor home and showing up in her car 15 minutes later and bringing the one bag and Lukas' pack and play in. "Wasn't hard to find. It was one of the only cars left,"

"Thank you for getting it," she smiled, taking the bag from him so she could change Lukas into some pajamas.

"Think he'll be okay out here?" He asked, taking the pack and play out and setting it up.

"Honey he can sleep through tornados," she chuckled, "he's literally sleeping through me changing his diaper and clothes,"

"Alright. Living room it is," he chuckled before kissing the back of her head, "I'm gonna go shower. Make yourself comfy,"

"Will do," she smiled, putting Lukas in new pants before setting him in his pack and play with his blanket and stuffy he slept with every night.

She sat on the couch, playing on her phone while Ryan showered. By the time they got in bed, it was almost 1 AM and both of them were ready to pass out.

"Thank you for the surprise today," he grinned as he pulled her close.

"I'm just glad I saw a win,"

"It's been a while. You must be some kind of good luck,"

"Me or Luke," she chuckled, "goodnight Ryan,"

"Night Maddy,"

It took all of 2 minutes before they were both fast asleep.

——————

Maddy woke up in the morning to the familiar sound of the Bluey theme song. She looked beside her to see nothing but a made bed on his side. She slowly got up and made her side before she tip-toed out to the other room.

Ryan's back was to her as he sat on the couch with Lukas on his lap with the cartoon on the TV.

She beamed at the sight in front of her as she snapped a picture, loving how sweet Ryan was with Lukas. Derek never got up with him and watched TV, played with him, or simply cuddled the boy when he was sick. It was no wonder that Lukas was a mama's boy.