4

Weeks flew by and texting daily had started between Maddy and Ryan. Texting turned into calling at all hours of the day. Calling turned into FaceTime quickly too.

Maddy was home and playing with Lukas when her phone lit up with the face of Ryan Blaney requesting to FaceTime her.

She smiled as she got the green button, waiting for Ryan's face to pop up on the screen.

"Hey," he smiled, happy to see Maddy. Her hair was up in a messy bun, she wasn't wearing any makeup and she was wearing a t-shirt along with a pair of lounge pants that hugged her curves beautifully.

"Hey, you. Lukey look, it's Ryan," she tried but her son just wasn't having it.

"He's gonna be 2 soon huh?"

"Don't remind me," she chuckled, grabbing his arm and pulling the boy over, "Say hi Bubba,"

"Wyan!" Lukas giggled, pointing at the phone screen.

"Hey little guy," he chuckled, "You driving mommy crazy?"

"Say yeah, Go find Nana for me," she chuckled, handing him his milk before she turned back to the phone, "The perks of living with my parents,"

"He's pretty high energy tonight,"

"Yeah, that seems to be the trend for now. The terrible twos are upon me," she chuckled, walking down the hall to her room, "What are you up to?"

"Just hanging out with the dog,"

"Where's your next race at?" She asked, laying on her stomach as she set her phone up against the pillows.

"Pocono. Pennsylvania," he said as he looked at the schedule. "Might be able to stop in Chicago on Monday if you're not working. Maybe take Luke to the zoo?"

"That's a little out of your way," she chuckled.

"Yeah, but I want to see you. Haven't seen you since the day we came to the hospital,"

"That was already almost 3 weeks ago?"

"Yeah, he chuckled, "Crazy how time flies,"

"Yeah," she also chuckled, hearing Lukas' little footsteps running down the hallway until the little boy showed up in her bedroom. "You coming to say hi again?"

"Hey bud," Ryan chuckled, "You wanna go to the zoo?"

"Yeah!" Lukas beamed, jumping on the bed.

"Boy," Maddy sighed, pulling him back down onto the bed.

"What do you think mama?" Ryan asked, looking at Maddy who just smiled.

"I think it would be good to see you too. So let's do it," she nodded.

"Alright. I'll see you then. I'll text you when my flight gets in," he nodded.

"We'll see you then," she smiled, holding Lukas in her lap.

"I'll see you then," he smiled, "bye buddy,"