8

The week flew by and she was working Friday when Hailey called her.

"Hey Mom," she answered, holding her phone between her shoulder and her ear.

"Hey, do you have that baby Tylenol still? Luke popped a fever,"

"Uh yeah. In the cabinet above the sink, what else is going on?" She asked, going to an empty room to talk to her mother.

"Runny nose, he's been coughing. Dad ended up holding him during his nap because he just kept coughing himself awake,"

"Alright. Sounds like he's got a cold, call me if he gets worse?" She asked, hoping it was just some viral bug that he'd picked up at the park or something.

"Alright. We got him," she nodded, both of them saying goodbye before hanging up.

She went back to work but made sure to text Hailey every once in a while to check in on her little boy.

She managed to get the night shift nurse to come in a little early, giving her time to get showered and get home to her son

She pulled up Ryan's contact info just as she got in her car, calling him as soon as her phone connected.

"Hello," he smiled, happy to see his girlfriend calling.

"Hey," she sighed, "I'm on my way home. Luke's sick,"

"Uh oh, what's he got?" He asked, sitting on the couch in his RV where he and Luke had sat last weekend.

"It sounds like a little cold so we still may make it Sunday. I'm not sure we'll make it tomorrow," she sighed, stopping at a light that seemed to catch her every day.

"Take care of him first. If you can't make it, I completely understand," he told her, hoping she wouldn't try and for both of them in.

"Thanks, Ryan," she sighed, pulling into the parking garage. "I'm home, I'm gonna go get my little guy,"

"Give him a hug for me,"

"I will," she nodded, "Hopefully we'll see you Sunday,"

"Hopefully. But take care of Luke first," he told her, "Let me know how he's doing,"

"I will," she nodded before they exchanged goodbyes and she got in the apartment.

"Mama," Lukas whined, walking over to her sluggishly.