14

As soon as they arrived at the track, the bus parked, and Maddy went to get Lukas up while Ryan made him a simple snack of Goldfish crackers and apple juice.

"No mama," he whined, not wanting to be taken out of his pack and play.

"Hey, Daddy is making you a snack and then he will probably play cars with you," she said as she lifted him out.

"Why are you cranky?" Ryan asked as Maddy sat him at the table.

"Someone didn't want to wake up," she said as she smoothed her son's hair out.

"Do you want to go watch the truck parade bub?" Ryan asked, sitting next to Lukas.

"Dada go?"

"Yeah, I'll go with you," he nodded, "finish your snack,"

Lukas finished eating his goldfish and they headed out to see some trucks arriving. They luckily didn't have to leave the bus area of the infield as the trucks came right through.

"Look, buddy!" Ryan pointed as they all started to drive through, adding honks when they saw the little guy.

"Daddy ca!" Lukas yelled as he saw the very simple 12-hauler come through.

"Yeah, that's daddy's car," he chuckled, "Mad you got a smart boy,"

"He's way too smart for his own good," she smiled.

As soon as all the haulers came through, the infield bus lot also started to fill up. Ryan had one of the other Penske drivers, Joey Logano, to the left of them and then the Hendrick team started with Chase Elliott to their right. Bubba was right across from them so they all knew that Lukas was about to have a fun weekend.

Ryan had bought Lukas bubbles, a mini pool, and a water table so he wouldn't be bored at all during the weekend.

He made sure to set it up before qualifying so that Lukas would be occupied so Maddy would be able to watch the qualifying on TV.

"Hey, I gotta go, little man," Ryan said as he came out in his fire suit.

"Daddy go?"

"Yep, I gotta go drive the race car," he chuckled as he picked him up, "You gonna watch with Mommy?"

"Dada ca?" He asked, looking at the track and pointing at it.

"Don't drive Mommy crazy," he said before kissing his cheek and handing him to Maddy.

"Be careful," Maddy said as she took the child from him.

"I will," he nodded, giving her a quick kiss, "Love you guys,"

"We love you," she beamed, watching him head off towards the garage area.

Maddy smiled as she watched Lukas play at the water table, while she turned on the qualifying coverage. Sturgill was hanging out with them outside as well, loving the wading pool in the hot weather.

"Lukey you gonna watch?"

"Daddy, mama!" He yelled, pointing at the track as he heard the cars start racing around them.