13

Maddy woke up to no one in bed with her like there was before. The TV was still on and playing the first car's movie but she could hear the sound of Lukas and Ryan laughing downstairs.

She got up slowly and walked out of the room, slowly going down the steps and watching them for a second. Ryan was on his back on the couch, holding Lukas above his head and using him as a weight.

"What are you doing to my kid?" She chuckled, letting Sturgill as he came over to greet her.

"He's a perfect weight," he smiled, "Say hi to Mommy,"

"Mama!" Lukas giggled, waving at Maddy.

"Go get her," he chuckled, setting him down so he could get Maddy.

Lukas giggled and ran over to Maddy, who threw him over her shoulder and took him right back to the couch.

"No Daddy!" He laughed as Ryan got him once again and tossed him slightly.

"Don't you drop my kid, Blaney," Maddy chuckled, playing on her phone on the other side of the couch.

"Daddy!"

"I won't drop him," he promised, setting Lukas on his stomach as he grabbed a die-cast of his car, "Look, buddy,"

"Dada ca!" He giggled, pointing at it and taking the car to look at it.

"That is dadas car," he nodded, "You gonna come watch the race with Mama?"

"Cas!"

"Yeah buddy, we're gonna watch the cars," Maddy nodded, getting up to grab some water for him. "Did you get groceries?"

"The whole list you sent from the airport," he chuckled, "milk for Luke is in the door and sippy cup is on the counter. Already washed,"

"Thank you," she chuckled, "I'm making dinner,"

"I can't cook," he laughed, setting Lukas up with a coloring book and crayons at the coffee table.

"I got it," she chuckled, "just pay attention to the kid,"

"That I can do," he chuckled, catching the closed, race car sippy cup that was now half full of milk.

Ryan colored with Lukas while Maddy made them a simple dinner of hamburger helper and some French fries. Sturgill sat at her feet waiting for any crumbs that he could get and then sat near Lukas as he dropped food on the floor.

After a nice little dinner with just the 3 of them, Hailey called and talked with them for a few. They were stopping in Cincinnati, Ohio for the night and had decided to meet them at the track in Darlington.

Lukas was attached to Ryan and barely let Maddy have him. Ryan didn't mind, settling into the dad role pretty easily.

They both gave Lukas a quick bath, Ryan coming out of it soaked as he let the boy splash as much as he wanted. Ryan changed into some pajamas while Maddy and Lukas did the same before they all ended up in the living room.

The couch was perfect for the 3 of them as Ryan had one end reclined, and Maddy had sat next to him, sharing the reclined part while he held Lukas.