6

Ryan called every day that he was away from Maddy and Luke. Lukas now came to the phone every time he heard Ryan's voice and sometimes fell asleep on Maddy while they talked.

She had to work on Saturday but luckily would be home on Sunday to actually watch the race on TV.

She worked the entire shift without any hiccups and immediately called Ryan on the CarPlay.

"Hey beautiful," he answered, "You off work?"

"Yep, heading home. How was qualifying?" She asked, keeping her eyes on the road as she kept the conversation.

"P12," he sighed, "not bad but not great,"

"I'm sure you'll work your way up from there. I'll be watching," she smirked as she pulled into the parking garage.

"You got the day off tomorrow?" He asked, sitting in the motor home as Maddy switched it over to FaceTime.

"Yeah, I have the next 3 days," she grinned as she walked up to the apartment, "Luke I'm home,"

"Well now I definitely have to put on a show," he chuckled.

"You better," she chuckled, setting her phone on the stand she had on the counter, "Your biggest fan will be watching,"

"Where's he at?"

"Right here," she chuckled, picking him up and sitting him on the counter, "It's Ryan Bubba,"

"Wyan!"

"Hey little man," he chuckled, "You gonna watch me tomorrow?"

"Wyan wace!" He clapped, looking at Maddy.

"Yeah baby, we're gonna watch him race tomorrow," she nodded but kept the secret. "Get a good night's sleep. You're gonna need it,"

"I'll call you tomorrow," he nodded before they said goodbye and hung up the phone.

Gabi had gotten tickets for them since it was only a 3-and-a-half-hour drive. Maddy had gotten online and also got pit passes and garage passes. She needed to make sure she saw her man and surprised him at that.

She got everything packed for the weekend and headed to bed, ready to surprise her man in the morning.

——————

Maddy woke up at 5 and did her hair, curling it into relaxed waves, before she did her makeup and got changed. She put on a simple white t-shirt and a pair of ripped jeans before slipping on a pair of Keds.

Right around 6, she got Lukas up and changed him before packing his blanket and putting him in the car.

They were on the road by 6:20 and making the drive toward Michigan international speedway.

It was a pretty seamless drive considering it was early on a Sunday morning. She got there right around 10 AM, found the parking spot, and started to find her way around.

Driver introductions were going to start and Maddy was planning on watching from afar. She didn't want Ryan to see her just yet so she and Lukas just blended with the crowd.