23

Hailey landed right around 9 PM and Lukas was already in bed and sound asleep.

Chase and Bailey were both awake and watching TV on the couch when she came up the stairs and smiled at them.

"Hey guys," Hailey smiled, "You must be Chase and Bailey,"

"Yeah," Chase nodded, getting up to shake her hand.

"Luke in bed?"

"Yeah, sound asleep," Bailey nodded.

"Thank you, guys, for taking him. I know they appreciate it,"

"Yeah no problem, hope Maddy feels better," Chase nodded as they headed to the steps and headed out.

Hailey headed upstairs and went to bed in Maddy's room.

—————

Ryan was still in bed with Maddy and had fallen asleep after they readjusted and he was able to get his arm around her.

Maddy was still feeling pretty rough but they had finally gotten her on some medications for the fever and then gave her a steroid to help with the cough.

She only woke up one time that night to adjust herself against Ryan and that was it. She was thankful to finally have a man that didn't leave her side when she was admitted to the hospital.

Even when Lukas was born, he was there but he left shortly after. Leaving her to bond with their baby and that was something they should've done together.

But here Ryan was.

Yes, he was gone because it happened right before the race started but if it'd happened days before, he'd find a way to be with her.

She woke up again at 7 in the morning to a nurse coming in and starting to take her vitals.

"I'm just getting your vitals," she whispered.

Maddy nodded and laid back against Ryan as she took her pulse and everything before she promised the doctor would come in and talk to them.

She nodded and reached over Ryan to get her phone and spend a little time on social media before posting.

"You been up long?" He asked, yawning as he stretched and kissed her head

"No, the nurse came in and got vitals. Woke me up," she sighed before coughing a bit.