19

"Mama! Dada!" Lukas sobbed in the middle of the night.

"Coming Luke," she called quietly, carefully untangling herself from Ryan's grasp. She got up and walked across the hall to see her little guy standing in his pack-and-play.

"Mama!"

"What's wrong sweetie?" She asked, picking him up and letting him lay his head on her shoulder.

"Daddy seep?"

"Yeah he's sleeping," she nodded, trying to get him to sleep again.

"I go, mama," the little boy whined, rubbing his eyes.

"You wanna sleep with us again?" She asked, not hesitating to take him to bed with her. "You coming Sturgill?"

All 4 of them were soon cuddled up in the big bed, sleeping through the rest of the night.

Ryan woke up the next morning to Lukas in his arms and Maddy gone with Sturgill. She'd been doing all the walks or runs with him since Ryan had gotten hurt and sometimes took Lukas.

"Hey buddy," he grinned as Lukas started to rub his eyes and snuggle even more. He always moved around a little bit before he fully woke up.

"Daddy," he mumbled, whining as he tried to face the opposite way.

"It's okay buddy, it's okay,"

"Mama?" The little one asked, looking around the room for Maddy.

"Mommy took Sturgill for a walk I think buddy. She'll be back soon. Do you wanna watch Cars? Or Bluey?"

"Wan daddy,"

"I'm right here buddy," he chuckled, pulling him into his arms and wrapping the blanket around him.

It took all of 10 minutes before the little boy was sound asleep again.

Maddy came back a little under 20 minutes later and let Sturgill off his leash before going upstairs.

"How was the walk?"

"Hot. I feel like I need 3 showers," she chuckled, "How'd he do?"

"Just wanted to cuddle,"

"You know why he ends up in bed with us every night right?" She asked, smiling a little as she leaned on the door frame.

"No. I just figure he likes it," he shrugged, watching as she sat down on the bed.

"He feels secure. Derek didn't comfort him like you do. And now, he feels safe and feels like he can call for us," she smiled a little, moving hair off Lukas' little face. "He's a different boy now,"

"I love him so much," he grinned.

"Still not happy that he ran away from me, but I'm glad we found you,"

"I don't know about you, but I'm ready to do this long term,"

"I actually told my mom earlier that I wanted to quit my job and move out here. Whether it's here or in an apartment. We haven't been dating long so the apartment was kinda where I was looking,"