18

Ryan and Maddy didn't leave the track until around 9 that morning. Lukas was dropped off by Jay and Hailey around 8 and he was tired after a long night of fun with Nana and Papa.

"Lukey you gotta be quiet, Daddy's head hurts okay?"

"Shhh?" He asked, holding a finger to his lips like Maddy had taught him.

Maddy nodded and took him to the back of the bus, laying him in the spot right between her and Ryan.

They started driving and it wasn't long before the 3 of them were sound asleep at the back.

When they got home, Maddy had Ryan go inside and unpacked only the things they'd need for the next few weeks since Ryan wasn't racing for a few.

"Go on up to bed,"

"Or the couch,"

"I don't care where you go, just go lay down," she chuckled, "I'll be right there,"

"Yes ma'am," he nodded, kissing her head as he walked by her.

She chuckled a little and put the things she brought in away before she went and sat down, pulling a pillow by her leg.

"Waiting for me?"

"I may have been," he chuckled, laying down on the pillow before she spread the blanket over him.

She reclined the last seat of the couch, playing on her phone as she messed with Ryan's hair.

Hailey had called while they were on the road, checking in to see how they were doing and if they made it back to Ryan's.

"Hey," she whispered, turning the TV down so she could talk to her mom.

"Hey. You guys make it home okay?" She asked, looking out the window as they were driving.

"Yeah," she nodded, carefully getting off the couch and going to the other room. "Luke's playing and Ryan is sleeping again,"

"When are you guys planning on coming home?" She asked.

"Well. After all this, I don't want to come home," she sighed, "I wanna stay here with him,"

"I knew this was coming,"

"You did?"

"Are you really asking me that Maddy?" She laughed, "You've spent every available moment with him since you guys met. You're taking care of him now, he's taken care of Luke and you when you guys had stuff going on,"

"I love him and I want to stay here in town with him,"

"Aren't you under contract at med?"

"I'm gonna break it," she shrugged, grabbing some Oreos off the top of the fridge. "I just can't work at another hospital for 3 years but it's not like I plan to,"

"This is a really big decision, Maddy,"

"But it's a really big one that I'm ready to make. And I know we haven't been together long but mom, it just feels right. Him and I just feel right," She smiled a little, looking in on Lukas as he played on the coffee table.