20

It took almost a month of applying to complexes but Maddy finally got approved for a nice townhouse only about 6 minutes from Ryan's house. Luckily Ryan was a lot better and able to help her with moving. They were planning to drive her Tahoe out to Chicago, pack with everything she needed immediately and then get everything else shipped.

Now that they had the place and had the plan, they needed a daycare for Lukas. Maddy would have to get a job at some point and she was looking for one during the day so she could be home nightly. She knew she had Ryan but she wanted to be there for her baby.

"Alright, buddy. Let's see how this looks," she smiled as all 3 of them got out of her car and Ryan carried Lukas into the center.

"Good morning," the director smiled, "Is this Lukas?"

"Say hi buddy," Ryan chuckled, looking down at the little boy who was being really shy.

"He's a little shy," Maddy chuckled, "he's never been in daycare,"

"That's alright," she smiled as she took them into the big office.

They went over everything schedule-wise and prices before they took Lukas to the room he would be in.

Ryan set him down and the boy immediately attached himself to Ryan's leg.

"Buddy, it's okay. We're still here," he said as he kneeled to his level, "Look at all the toys,"

"Daddy no weave,"

"Hey, Daddy's not leaving," he sighed, lifting him back up.

"The first few days are rough, but consistency is what's going to help the most," the director smiled, taking them around the whole center.

"We have to move all of our things from Chicago and then we'll start him. February to October is his busy time for work so that's when his schedule will be crazy. He'll definitely be here Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday to Friday is always up in the air," she explained.

"As long as he's consistent at the start, it should be easier after a week or 2. The first few days are rough," she nodded. "You can always message the teachers and watch the app for updates during the day,"

"Thank you," Maddy nodded, both of them heading out to the car after they finished up.

"What'd you think?" Maddy asked as she got in the car but looked back as Ryan strapped Luke into his car seat.

"I think it'll be good for him. Maybe we should wait until after the championship though. If we start him now, it's gonna be up and down for a week or 2 and he'll never get used to it,"

"Fine with me," she nodded, waiting for him to get in before they started heading to Chicago. "It'll give me time to  unpack and get everything settled,"

"Sounds good," he nodded with a smile.

Maddy, Ryan, and Lukas all headed back to Chicago for the week to pack up all of their belongings and start to get them ready to go.

As soon as everything was packed up and either in the pod for moving or stacked to the top of Maddy's car, they got back in and Maddy assumed they were going to start heading home, but Ryan drove them to Mollys.