5

Maddy and Ryan were both up and down all night with Lukas. Jay and Hailey had gotten stuck at work on a case and at this point wouldn't be home until morning. If anyone had seen them, they would've thought a normal mom and dad.

They had just gotten Lukas cleaned up and bathed after another round of sickness an hour earlier before Ryan woke up to Lukas crying again.

Maddy was sleeping right through it, clearly exhausted from the up and down so he just got up.

"Hey buddy," he whispered as he walked into the little boy's room.

Lukas luckily wasn't getting sick all over himself again, just begging for cuddles which Ryan could provide. He got him back to sleep but still sat there for a second when Jay appeared in the doorway.

"I didn't know you were staying the night,"

"I wasn't until he got sick, figured she could use the help," Ryan nodded, gently setting Lukas down in his crib.

"Just don't hurt her. Okay?"

"What?" Ryan asked, turning to Jay after he covered Lukas with his blanket.

"Derek seemed like the perfect guy. Until he wasn't. He broke her. She won't admit it but he was always hard on her. She never did anything right to him. He didn't like what she was doing so he went out and found somebody else."  Jay explained, shutting Lukas' bedroom door before they stood in the hallway.

"I wouldn't hurt her," he said as he shook his head.

"She's 26. Almost 27. But she's always going to be my baby girl so treat her right,"

"I will," he nodded before both of them headed back to their own rooms.

Ryan slowly got back into bed, trying not to wake Maddy up. Maddy never woke up but she rolled over, right into him. Ryan didn't think anything of it, just put an arm around her and let her sleep.

Lukas slept from that point on, leaving the other 4 to also finally sleep. Ryan was awake around 6 while Maddy slept until 6:30.

She didn't realize that she had rolled over and cuddled up to him during the night so waking up with his arms around her and her leg tangled in his was shocking to her.

"I'm so sorry,"

"Why you sorry?" He chuckled, keeping an arm around her, "I'm not sorry one bit,"

"I just, never mind. Did Luke wake up?"

"Not yet. He did around 3. I just got up with him," he shrugged slightly.

She smiled a little and just looked at him for a second, "You know you didn't have to get up with him. You could have woken me up,"

"I know. But you were been up and down and I can tell you were exhausted so I just got him. And then ended up talking to your dad a little,"

"Sorry," she cringed, "I'm betting you he gave you the 'that's my little girl's speech,"

"Yeah. Something like that," he laughed. "But it just shows how much he loves his little girl,"