37

They spoke to a few reporters before they were able to go in and find their seats at a table and talk themselves. Maddy had been taking every minute she could to look up venues and try to find somewhere that wouldn't be as long of a wait. The longer she waited, the longer the wait list was.

"Honey, we're gonna find somewhere," Ryan assured her, taking the phone and shutting her internet app off. "If we have to be engaged for a year, I don't have a problem with that,"

"I know, I just want to get all of this planning done. It's a lot," she sighed, putting her phone back in her purse as they waited for everyone to file in.

"I know you do. But we're still going to be us no matter what. It's not going to change if you have a wedding band with your engagement ring," he chuckled.

"I guess not," she nodded.

"And who says it has to be at a venue? We can do it in the backyard if you want to. That's private and no one even has to know that we're actually married. Because you know once that happens, it's all we're ever going to get questions about,"

She nodded and smiled a little bit as she thought about what he'd said. A backyard wedding was very them. No one would be able to sneak in as it was their home and they would only have their closest family and friends.

"I like that idea. But aren't we moving a little bit fast?"

"Maddy I proposed after 5 months. Our whole relationship has been fast. I know that you're meant to be my wife," he grinned.

"I guess you're right," she chuckled, taking a sip of her wine. "We do have to talk about the future a little bit,"

"What about it?" He asked, looking at her as she spoke.

"Do you want kids?"

"Do I want Luke?"

"I hope you want Luke. We're a package deal babe," she laughed, hoping he was joking.

"I know you are. And you know I love my little man," he chuckled, "But more kids? Yeah. I want a few so I'm okay with more."

"I was hoping you'd say that," she beamed, "I've wanted more but after seeing Derek as a father, I didn't want more with him,"

"I can see why you didn't," he nodded.

"So I want that known now. I want more kids,"

"So do I,"

"That brings me to my next question. Would you want to adopt Lukas?" She asked, almost scared that he would say no. She knew in her heart that he loved the little boy so much so it was probably a yes but Derek had filled her head with bad thoughts.

"I would love to adopt Luke. I want a family with you Maddy. Kids running all over the house, the tracks, the bus, and in the backyard, playing with Sturgill. All of it,"

"I'm glad," she beamed again, "I can't wait to see what life brings us,"

"I love you,"

"I love you too Ryan,"

They gave each other a quick kiss before everyone was finally in and the Awards Ceremony started.

Chase won the most popular driver again despite Ryan's efforts of campaigning again. It was okay though since Ryan was the champion of the cup series. He'd been working on his speech for days and never once let Maddy see it.

They called him up along with the other champions from the Truck series and the Xfinity series who both went before him. All he could do was focus on Maddy and how beautiful she looked.

When it was his turn, he went up to the podium and just smiled before he started.

"Alright. I didn't think this would happen this year, but a lot happened this year that I wasn't prepared for. I may have lost for the most popular driver again but there's always next year. This season, I gained a few things. I gained a championship trophy, and a few different trophies, and I gained a beautiful girlfriend who I'm going to marry and her son who has become my little guy. They're my biggest fans," he smiled, grinning at Maddy as he mentioned her.

Maddy couldn't have been more proud of him. He was an amazing driver, an amazing man, and an amazing dad, and their story could only continue.