P

P - Possessive

P - Possessive

You hate work parties. 

You hate the mingling and the ass kissing that the junior associates have to do.  Being a senior partner, the little ingrates are buzzing around you trying to get your attention. 

Ok, so maybe you have an opening on your team that could give one of the bottom feeders a leg up to become a senior associate or even a junior partner. One of them, Lance, had been particularly attentive. "Can I get you a refill, Miss YLN. Bollinger?"

"Uh, sure," you reply.  You looked over his shoulder, looking for Nick.  He had a faculty meeting and was running late.  

"Coming right up." Lance flashed his signature cocky grin, and it took everything in you not to roll your eyes. You turned to another senior associate, your friend Sadie. 

"What is up with Tucker?"

"You are working on that big Levinson case, and he wants in. Could be his ticket to be fast tracked to a Senior associate or junior partnership."  Sadie shrugged. "But really, that's all up to you." 

"He is an eager one," you replied with a sigh. "I already had an associate in mind to help but it's nice to have the attention." 

Lance comes back with your wine glass and stands next to you. It's fine, really, until you feel his hand on your lower back. You freeze and then step away from him. "Thank you for the drink, Mr. Tucker." 

Lance snickers a little.  "It's not problem Ms. YLN. You know I can be a great asset to your team.  Help with anything, research, filing, lunch orders, anything really to help you be less...stressed."  He emphasized that word a little and it made your stomach roll a bit. 

But you never had a chance to reply...

Nick POV

Shit, I was late, so fucking late to YN's work event.  She is going to kill me.  She had been talking about this event like it was the end of the world. I chuckled at the memory.  She had called this crop of junior associates as "the reaping of the spoiled City children from the Hunger Games."

As I entered the floor holding the happy hour gathering, I adjusted my collar against my jacket, having removed my tie on the ride over.  As the door opened, I saw the room of professionals and scanned for my beloved.  I heard her laugh and held back a snort.  It was her fake laugh.  I moved around and find my girl with one of her friends... and a cocky little shit next to her. 

I watched as he handed her a glass of wine and then proceeded to touch my girl, placing his hand on her lower back. 

I saw red. 

This fucker...

Nobody touched what was mine. 

As I marched over, I saw her stiffen and then step away from douche bag. I slotted right between them and kissed my girl with a soft, yet protective kiss.  "I'm so sorry baby, for being late." I could feel her relaxing in my hold. "I had to meet with the head of my department about taking that extra week we talked about for our honeymoon." 

She knew I was lying but there was no way I was going to not show my ownership of my girl's heart to the little prick standing next to us. 

Your POV

It took everything not to smirk up at Nick, the lying bastard. You were about to smile up at him like his little deviant but something in his eyes made you stop. They were hard, controlled, like he was angry. You swallowed and put up a soft smile. "That's great Nicky." A kiss on your temple reminded you of where we were.  "Sorry, you remember my associate, Sadie and this one of our junior associates, Lance Tucker." 

Nick gave Sadie a handshake and kiss on the cheek, like normal but with Lance, he offered a nod.  "Nick Vaughn, YNN's worser half." 

Lance visibly paled. Not a lot of the lower associates knew of your engagement and his eyes flittered to the ring on your left hand. "It's nice to meet you, Mr. Vaughn, if you could excuse me..." He took off like a dog with his tail between his legs. 

"Excuse us Sadie, I just need to talk with YNN for just a moment." He flashed his smile at her and then pulled you towards your office.  His grip was not hard, but it was dominate. 

"Nick, what are you doing?"

"Quiet," he ordered. Why was his voice deeper and why was it making you want to clench your thighs together?  He pushed you into the office and closed the door.  Pushed you against the door and hiked one of your legs over his hip. He stared and you couldn't form words from the absolutely smoldering looks. Then, he was kissing you hard, pushing his hips into yours.  The kiss left you breathless and he pulled away.  

"You. Are. Mine." He growled.

Your breath hitched.  "Nicky?"

"If I ever see another man touch you like that..." his threat faded as he kissed you again.  You melted into him, his possessive side making you needy. He saw the look in your eyes, and he knew. He smirked. 

"We have to be quick, baby."

Continued in "Q"