27 - SAYA POV

Present day...

They told me he was back, so I ran to see him. He was laughing. Sitting on that bed, laughing with Yeosang and Hongjoong but then the room turned silent when he saw me.

He looked into my eyes and my heart stopped for a second, my feet felt heavy and my stomach tensed. He knew, somehow he knew, but he wasn't upset, he understood. Only one look was enough, maybe the glow on my eyes gave him a hint because I knew he could read me like a book, maybe the way I was standing, maybe my 2 seconds of hesitation, maybe the way I startled when he looked at me, or maybe all of that together. I couldn't explain it, neither could he, we both just knew.

He knew I had felt guilty, but did not blame me. He knew him and I had been something special, and there was no reason for us to abruptly fall apart. He knew how Wooyoung felt about me, and that he somehow had a feeling this would happen. He knew every explanation I had thought of, but never took them as if I were trying to justify myself. He knew every tear I had shed and how hard I had tried, but he also knew who was my true other half. I didn't break his heart, he felt it too, that we had our time, that this incident happened to teach us something: to make us follow the right path to the right person.

What we had could never be replaced nor repeated, because the understanding we have of each other can never be compared to any other synchrony to have ever existed, but it also can not be broken, that connection will remain there no matter where we are or with whom. It is something no one can ever take away from us, because we were there at each other's worst and found each other when we needed it the most.

We understood that what we felt wasn't exactly love, it was beyond that.

Our souls matched so perfectly that most of the time it felt as if we were one person and not two, one mind and one heart but separated by our bodies. One of us had to find that one person who would be more than just a match but our complement and balance, in order to tell the difference, in this case, it was me.

The universe had brought us together for a reason, and that was to walk together through our darkness and emptiness to finally embrace our freedom and reach the better version of ourselves, to prepare our minds and our hearts for us to be ready to receive the one who would care for us for the rest of our lives. 

Yes, all of that in a single look.

Either way I stepped closer and closer. I walked towards him. Looking at him so closely, his eyes wide open, the color of his skin, it felt like a dream. It was him. He took me in his arms, how I have missed that feeling...

It didn't feel like a goodbye hug, it felt more like a thank you, a sincere and profound thank you. You could say our story together had come to an end, but it was just starting, as we had finally understood how our connection truly worked.

-I missed you...
-I missed you too...