14| My Best Friend

GIOVANNI DELUCA         There are two main things I simply don't tolerate in my life

GIOVANNI DELUCA

     There are two main things I simply don't tolerate in my life.

    My family being messed with or disrespected and me being messed with or disrespected. Betrayal is an honorable mention.

    Recently, Tobias and my own damn uncle have done both of those things. I won't let their efforts go unnoticed, of course.

    As Leo and I walked into the designated meeting place, a chill ran down my spine. This familiar feeling is always present in these situations. Quickly, I have to go from Giovanni who loves his family and plays superheroes with his little nephew, to Don DeLuca who is feared by many and a ruthless killer. I don't get to be both at once.

"Ready?" I looked over at Leo who was tucking his gun into his jacket.

"Sì."

(Yes.)

Now, Leo and I brought backup. Lots of it actually. However, we can't show up with troops walking behind us as if we're in a literal civil war. This does seem eerily similar though. Leo and I have men hidden all around this property. Some are closer than others, all are ready to fight.

    To our surprise, Tobias stood in the center of the abandoned room solo. I expected Antonio to be here and the main reason for this entire mess, Lauren.

"Oh! Giovanni! Leo! I'm so glad you could make it!" Tobias exclaimed, throwing his arms into the air. What is wrong with this guy?

"Cut the bullshit, Tobias. We're onto your shit." I crossed my arms.

"What exactly are you talking about, sir?" he asked condescendingly.

"Your secret marriage, your alliance with Antonio..." Leo piped in.

"Clever boys, you are." he gave the both of us a twisted, shit eating grin that made me want to punch it off of his face.

"Where exactly is that prick, Antonio?" I asked beginning to walk around.

"Never mind that. Let me give you boys what you really want."

"Honey! Come out here please." he smirked, facing the door.

    I looked up to see none other than Lauren Sariano walking through the door. Her curly hair was dry and messy, however, she still looked the same as she did eight years ago. Lots of memories from my teenage years were attached to her. Some good, some bad.

    There was a moment in time where I liked Lauren. She gave birth to my favorite person. However, whatever liking I had towards her has vanished. It's nowhere to be found. Not now, not ever. The only reason I didn't kill her when she walked through those doors is because she's still Tessa's mother.

    I simply looked over at her as I didn't know what to say.

"Hi, Giovanni. It's nice to see you." she said in the same soft, timid voice she's always had.